Manager, Application Development
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
We’re looking for a talented Manager of Application Development. This role is an integral part of our Customer Success team and will be a player/coach.
As player/coach, you w’ll design and build cognitive applications (Aera "Skills") for the world’s largest organisations to solve complex supply chain and financial business problems. You will also be responsible for building and leading an elite team of Application Developers from scratch.
This role is critical to Aera’s mission and success - and is a great opportunity for the right leader. This role will report to our Pune-based Director of Solution Delivery.
- Recruit and hire talented App Devs to his or her team.
- Coordinate with the team of Application Developers for implementation of projects.
- Lead the cognitive skill implementations for the projects assigned and support the team to design/build data warehouse models in columnar databases.
- Support the team in developing data processing scripts using SQL and optimizing complex sequences of SQL queries.
- Own the training, coaching and mentoring of new or already existing team members.
- Collaborate closely with Aera’s Solution Architects and Engagement Principals on project implementations and Skills building for Aera’s customers.
- Provide, as required, technical support and inputs to the team members. Discuss and detail the solution to be implemented. Ensure that the Company’ standards and procedures are being followed across development process.
- Contribute to developing functional modules in the Company’s cognitive application, using the tools and capabilities of the application.
- Review and discuss code to be implemented. Ensure that the techniques used are optimized for the specification and follow the implemented procedures
- Manage resources based on the work requirements, and provide evaluations and feedback as needed
- Be involved in Aera’s broader work on Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence and Database Development
- Minimum experience of 10 years delivering supply chain implementations.
- 8+ years in handling the implementations from a technical standpoint and 2+ years in a managerial role.
- Experience leading successful implementations within a high growth company.
- Confidence providing regular updates and communication to senior leadership about resource allocation, project risks and escalations.
- Technical skill in SQL and other technologies used extensively in cloud based implementations.
- Previous hiring & team building experience.
- Experience in collaborating with remote overseas teams.
- Experience with scrum/agile processes.
- Experience mentoring elite engineers - review code, design, allocate resources and jump into the code as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with business and technical leadership teams.
- Experience with SQL development, data modelling and data structures for high-volume and high-velocity data.
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!