Senior Java Developer
Mountain View, CA, USA
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our world-class engineering team and become instrumental in the development and architecture of our enterprise cloud platform. As a Sr. SWE, you will collaborate with other architects, designers, product managers and software developers to influence product direction and functional requirements, and deliver complex high performance, scalable software products and APIs. This role reports into our Director of Product Engineering, and will be based in Mountain View, CA.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code and automation.
- Maintain the CI/CD and improve release pipeline.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs in applications, and devise solutions to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
- Research and learn new technologies to design code reviews and application enhancements/upgrades.
- Good understanding of SOA concepts and experience in developing and consuming SOAP web services (JAX-WS and JAX-RS).
- Collaborate cross-functionally as a key contributor in all phases of the development life-cycle.
- Create and execute unit test cases and contribute to test automation.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- 5+ yrs experience in Java, J2EE, Tomcat, multithreading and caching techniques.
- Experience of working on Spring/ORM, Microservice frameworks and Dockers.
- 1+ yrs experience in Java 8 (Streams, Lambda).
- Experience building secure, complex, and scalable APIs, from design through deployment.
- Solid understanding of writing and delivering testable quality code, from the ground up.
- Experience with SQL development, data modeling and complex data structures for high-volume and high-velocity data.
- Experience in working with NOSQL technologies like REDIS, MongoDB.
- Hands-on experience with frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with streaming data and complex event processing systems.
- Working knowledge in AWS, Kafka, Apache Spark, Elasticsearch.
- Python scripting is a plus.
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.