Director, Product Management - Data Services
Mountain View, CA, USA /
Product Management /
Are you a hands-on Product Manager looking for a highly-visible and extremely impactful opportunity? Are you looking for a challenging, exciting environment where you roll up your sleeves and get to work? Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software? If you said yes to these questions, then we want to talk to you!
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
As Director, Product Management, you will define the strategy and roadmap of Aera's data services modules that enable the system to crawl a wide variety of data sources, harmonize and build a Cognitive Data Layer with extreme agility. Cognitive Data Layer plays a critical role in Aera's Cognitive Operating System, delivering readily consumable data to all the modules involved in cognitive automation.
- Drive the strategy and roadmap of Aera’s data services modules that enable the system to crawl, understand, harmonize and create a unified cognitive data layer
- Lead and manage the Data Services Product Management team, hire new talent, mentor and grow product leaders
- Define requirements with clearly documented use cases and prioritized features
- Work closely with the Engineering & Design team to drive the product requirements and ensure the timely release of the capabilities
- Work closely with Domain Experts to deliver a flexible framework for developing and managing standard predefined content
- Work closely with Data Scientists and leverage the best of human knowledge and artificial intelligence to deliver differentiated and innovative capabilities
- Work closely with other Product Managers to ensure close alignment and integration with the Aera Cognitive Operating System
- Understand the market demands, target users and use cases intimately and collect feedback on an ongoing basis to understand user pain points and business needs
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on the creation of the product materials and resources
- Present product demos and roadmaps to customers and prospects on a regular basis to evangelize and get feedback
- You are a leader - you work with cross-functional teams, break the barriers, and make things happen
- You are passionate - you are your product’s biggest advocate, and its biggest critic. You will ceaselessly pursue excellence and do whatever it takes to deliver a product that users love and that delivers value
- You have a good mix of business and technical skills - you can understand the big picture, and how to make it a reality
- You are pragmatic - you know when to focus on nuanced details, and when to bring a more strategic perspective to the table
- You love to learn - you continually gather new information, ideas, and feedback, and you seek to understand the root of an issue, in order to identify an optimal solution
- You are a master at communication and collaboration - not only can you communicate a compelling vision or a complex concept, but you also know how to motivate a team to collaborate around a problem and work toward a common goal
- 10+ total years of experience in Product Management, Engineering or Implementation roles, with a focus on data and analytics
- 2+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience with Connectivity, Data Preparation, ETL or EAI products
- Experience with Graph and Search related technologies is a big plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science or a related technical discipline
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.