Technical Accounting Manager
Mountain View, CA, USA
Aera is searching for a Technical Accounting Manager to join our Accounting team located in Mountain View.
The Technical Accounting Manager will be responsible for the preparation of technical accounting memos and analysis addressing Aera’s accounting for transactions under U.S. GAAP, including review of revenue contracts to ensure compliance with ASC 606, establish and document processes for internal developed software, and the implementation of other accounting standards. The position will also work with external auditors to assist with tests of controls, interim procedures, quarterly reviews and year-end audits. This position will assist in the financial reporting process including drafting disclosures and ensuring supporting schedules are accurate and provided to the auditors timely. This position will also serve as a point of contact for questions from the internal and external auditors.
This position will report to the Corporate Controller and will initially be an individual contributor role.
Please note: We are interested in considering every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, at the present time, we are not able to sponsor visas.
- Lead all financial statement review, income tax review, and audit processes
- Work closely with external tax partner, review and submit all documents and requirements
- Understand and apply both generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and accounting policies and procedures
- Assist in the execution of the month-end close and account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly assigned account reconciliations. Ensure that all accounting departmental records are accurate and well organized
- Initiate recommendations for improvement and efficiencies
- Provide analysis as requestedWork closely with the team ensuring adherence to company policy and proper expense guidelines
- Provide backup for essential functions of the department as needed
- Assist with collecting information for various business-related compliance forms
- Assist in other projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree required in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred
- 6-8 years of experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Strong teamwork, collaboration, flexibility and proactiveness
- Roll-up the sleeves approach in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
- Commitment to excellence and impeccable ethical standards and integrity
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.