Senior Database Engineer
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
In this role, your work will influence the success of companies across the world. Members of our Technology team are experts in the field, working to evaluate and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s. Senior Database Engineer position is a highly technical hands-on role which requires you to be a great team member as well as an individual contributor.
The primary responsibilities for this role will be defining and executing our cloud database strategy. You will be responsible for developing database automation, designing complex replication networks interfacing with data pipelines to moving data between disparate applications to support our Data engineering and Data Science teams.
- Work on a team of highly technical and talented database engineers responsible for maintaining the global database systems for Enterprise Engineering.
- Build, scale, and administer MySQL and analytic database infrastructure with a focus on the performance, availability and growth needs of the company.
- Improve and optimize database administration and management with coding and automation.
- Support day-to-day operations and escalations of the database systems.
- Contribute to meeting KPIs and SLAs through management of task queues.
- Support large-scale global disaster recovery exercises while working closely with other infrastructure, production and business teams at Aera.
- Build an ecosystem supported by full-coverage automation with a bias towards build vs. buy and self-service as a primary objective.
- Troubleshooting, fault-isolation and communication across the infrastructure, applications and business teams.
- Participate in rotational on-call schedule.
Required Skills & Education
- 8+ years’ experience administering Oracle, MySQL, Hana, Hadoop, or other relational/No-SQL database covering designing, deploying, troubleshooting, and performance tuning in a production environment.
- 8+ years of proven track record of building, securing and automating enterprise scale infrastructure and systems
- Aptitude for automation and streamlining common database administration tasks including backup and recovery, monitoring, security and data-related maintenance
- Experience with the use, Data Loss Prevention, Encryption/Tokenization, Database Activity Monitoring technologies
- Familiarity with modern distributed container cluster management systems a big PLUS (kubernetes, Docker , …)
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as: Jenkins, Liquidbase, Flyway, etc. A big PLUS
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!