Market Research Specialist
At Aera Technology, we apply internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way. The cognitive technology for the Self-Driving Enterprise™. Aera understands how your business works, makes real-time recommendations, predicts outcomes, and takes action autonomously. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
The Market Research Specialist plays a vital role on the Demand Generation team reporting to the Director, Demand Generation. This role will be responsible for account research, lead process, and funnel reporting. A significant portion of a Market Research Specialist’s time will be spent conducting research on market insights, business opportunities, industry trends, competing organizations, customer demographics, and more.
- Identify, expand and maintain a list of target accounts in alignment with the sales and demand generation team
- Build, develop and maintain contact list in targeted accounts through primary and secondary research: Create and maintain organization charts of key accounts. Build and manage key executive and leadership profiles
- Share account intelligence with Client Partners and Demand Generation teams. Generate reports on the latest news, executive changes, and announcements in assigned accounts: Gather account-specific information – analyze financial statements, investor presentations, etc. Monitor activities and messaging from key executives and leaders in these accounts
- Develop and maintain a strategy of messaging and products we need to promote in these accounts and with executives – support with account based marketing (ABM) programs. Understand account needs
- Where necessary, send outbound emails (e.g., event support)
- Data entry for lead funnel: Conduct research on leads – revenue, location, industry. Enter leads in Salesforce and assign to Client Partners
- Maintain reports on lead funnel: Ensure lead tracking at each stage. Track engagement of our Client Partners with assigned leads. Track account penetration
- Build White space reports for key accounts: Identify key stakeholders in accounts and use cases for current and future account
- Report weekly status and progress of each account to Team Lead
- Identify new accounts
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or a related discipline
- 2-4 years experience in a business research capacity
- Experience using multiple research tools
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce and HubSpot a plus)
- Understand sales performance metrics and lead sales funnel
- Proactive and able to effectively work remotely and have the discipline to self-manage and be self- motivated
- Demonstrate highly effective written and verbal skills
- Ability to develop and understand project timelines
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!