Technical Lead - Backend
Pune, India /
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
The Lead Software Engineer is a hands-on role that will work closely with our Product Owners to iterate quickly on the features and APIs, interact with one or more engineering teams to define the architecture, and implement features based on precise understanding of the requirements.
As a technical lead in our global engineering organization, the candidate will mentor and lead talented local/remote teams, and collaborate with other teams as well.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code and automation
- Strong experience leading design and implementation of robust and highly scalable services
- Demonstrated ability to mentor engineers and lead projects
- Strong OOD and SOA principles, with the ability to implement them in Java
- Has a passion to produce high quality deliverables while working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment for iterative project turnarounds on mission critical systems Team/Leadership qualifications
- Demonstrated ability or open to working with global teams across time zones
- Has a passion to produce high quality deliverables Participate in design and code reviewsMaintain the CI/CD and improve release pipeline
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs in applications, and devise solutions to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Strong educational background with Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or a related area
- 8+ yrs experience in Java, J2EE, Tomcat, multithreading and caching techniques
- 2+ yrs experience in Java 8 (Streams, Lambda)
- Experience with working on Spring/ORM, Microservice frameworks, Dockers, GIT, Gradle and Linux platforms
- Experience building secure, complex, and scalable APIs, from design through deployment
- Solid understanding of writing and delivering testable quality code, from the ground upExperience with SQL development, data modeling and complex data structures for high-volume and high-velocity data
- Solid experience with Kafka, Kafka Streams
- Experience in working with NOSQL technologies like REDIS, MongoDB
- Solid understanding and experience with OAuth, Logging and Security frameworks
- Hands-on experience with frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito
- Hands-on experience with code quality frameworks/tools such as SonarQube, pmd, checkstyle etc.
Nice to Have
- Experience with streaming data and complex event processing systems
- Working knowledge in AWS, Kafka, Apache Spark, Elasticsearch
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!