Software Engineer II, BE (Java)
R&D – Engineering 330 /
Aera Technology is the Decision Intelligence company. We deliver innovation and services that enable enterprises to operate sustainably, intelligently, and efficiently. Our platform, Aera Decision Cloud™, integrates with your existing systems to digitize, augment, and automate decisions in real time. Aera helps enterprises around the world transform decision making – delivering millions of recommendations that have resulted in significant revenue gains and cost savings for some of the world’s best-known brands.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our world-class engineering team and become instrumental in the development and architecture of our enterprise cloud platform. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will collaborate with other architects, designers, product managers and software developers to influence product direction and functional requirements, and deliver complex high performance, scalable software products and APIs.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code and automation
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs in applications, and devise solutions to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Research and learn new technologies to design code reviews and application enhancements/upgrades
- Collaborate cross-functionally as a key contributor in all phases of the development life-cycle
- Create and execute unit test cases and contribute to test automation
- Participate in design and code reviews
Nice to have
- 6 to 10 years experience in Java, J2EE, Tomcat, multi-threading, and caching techniques
- Experience with working on Spring Boot, ORM Frameworks, Microservices and REST APIs, GIT, Gradle dnd Linux platforms
- Hands-on experience with frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a strong plus
- Working knowledge in AWS, Kafka, Apache Spark, Elastic search
- Experience in working with REDIS, ELK
- Experience with SQL development, data modeling and complex data structures for high-volume and high-velocity data
- Experience building secure, complex, and scalable APIs, from design through deployment
- Solid understanding of writing and delivering testable quality code, from the ground up
- Experience in building and implementing scalable data products
- Experience with streaming data and complex event processing systems
If you share our passion for building a sustainable, intelligent, and efficient world, you’re in the right place. Established in 2017 and headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're a series D start-up, with teams in Mountain View, San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Aera Technology, we strive to support our Aeranauts and their loved ones through different stages of life with a variety of attractive benefits, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock options, we have other great benefits available. You’ll find comprehensive medical, Group Medical Insurance, Term Insurance, Accidental Insurance, paid time off, Maternity leave, and much more. We offer unlimited access to online professional courses for both professional and personal development, coupled with people manager development programs. We believe in a flexible working environment, to allow our Aeranauts to perform at their best, ensuring a healthy work-life balance. When you’re working from the office, you’ll also have access to a fully-stocked kitchen with a selection of snacks and beverages.