Senior Database Engineer
Mountain View, CA, USA
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
In this role, your work will influence the success of companies across the world. Members of our Technology team are experts in the field, working to evaluate and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s. Senior Database Engineer position is a highly technical hands-on role which requires you to be a great team member as well as an individual contributor.
The primary responsibilities for this role will be defining and executing our cloud database strategy. You will be responsible for developing database automation, designing complex replication networks interfacing with data pipelines to moving data between disparate applications to support our Data engineering and Data Science teams.
- Design and implement big data development framework with standardized module to increase ETL development efficiency and quality
- Optimize and maintain existing pipelines, ensuring that data arrives accurately and on-time
- Define Schema best practices for our various database engines, and work with development teams on schema designs in regard to performance
- Create tools, scripts, and documentation to manage organize, optimize, and improve our systems
- Working closely with development teams to architect solutions for long-term scalability of database environments
- Provide input in the design and implementation of backup, recovery, Security and DR strategy
- 5+ years’ experience administering Oracle, MySQL, Hana, Hadoop, or other relational/No-SQL database covering designing, deploying, troubleshooting, and performance tuning in a production environment.
- 5+ years of proven track record of building, securing and automating enterprise scale infrastructure and systems
- Aptitude for automation and streamlining common database administration tasks including backup and recovery, monitoring, security and data-related maintenance
- Experience with the use, Data Loss Prevention, Encryption/Tokenization, Database Activity Monitoring technologies
- Familiarity with modern distributed container cluster management systems a big PLUS (kubernetes, Docker , …)
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as: Jenkins, Liquibase, Flyway, etc. A big PLUS
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.