HR Business Partner, Engineering
Mountain View, CA, USA /
People Operations (HR) /
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
Based in our Mountain View headquarters, this is a mission critical role where you will partner directly with Aera’s Founder & CTO and technical leaders to develop and implement the People strategy to scale their global teams. You will quickly establish yourself as a trusted partner and advisor on topics including organizational design, recruitment strategy, performance development, headcount planning, team culture and remote collaboration, and much much more. You will also be the go-to person for managing the HR issues that naturally arise as a company scales.
While this role includes the core elements you’d expect to find in a traditional HRBP role, it also brings a heavy focus on growth and scaling. This role is broad in scope, covering the end-to-end lifecycle of our team members, from ensuring we have a strong pipeline of technical candidates, all the way through to leading exit interviews and actioning the learnings.
You bring an authentic passion for the employee experience and you are committed to creating an environment where team members can do their best work, ever. You have a proven track record of establishing successful partnerships with highly technical leaders and product visionaries, and helping them shape and execute their people strategies. You thrive in an environment where you are both strategic and hands-on tactical.
Are you up for your next big challenge? Then read on!
We are interested in considering every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, at the present time, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Person must reside in the United States.
- Become a trusted advisor on all things People-related to Aera’s Founder & CTO, and our global technical leaders within Engineering and Data Science
- Develop strategies to foster a vibrant team culture, with close collaboration and effective communication across geographically dispersed team members, especially during covid times. Few of these programs are in place, this person will create and implement our standards, programs and processes for the Engineering teams.
- With input from each leader, develop the hiring plan, define critical roles, and assist our recruiting team in crafting compelling job descriptions
- Make sure we have the right recruiting processes, velocity and focus to deliver against our hiring plan. Stay in close communication with the recruiting team, ensuring they are fully aligned to the hiring plan
- Develop a crisp understanding of the DNA of the organization and the attributes that make a team member successful. Take an active part in interviewing candidates, with specific focus on interviewing for this DNA
- Develop strategies to help our managers identify, grow and retain top talent within their teams
- Partner with functional leaders to build career paths for their teams
- Implement innovative people programming to support career development, performance management, and leadership development
- Stay close to the teams you support so that you can proactively surface and address challenges before they become real issues
- Provide thoughtful guidance and support to our leaders on people issues including performance management issues and, where applicable, terminations
- 5-9+ years of HR Generalist experience
- 2+ years in an HR Business Partner role, supporting Engineering or Technical/Engineering team across multiple countries required
- 2-5 years experience working in the Tech Industry, specifically with SaaS companies and/or AI/ML companies strongly preferred, or similar industry/company
- Experience creating, building and implementing Employee Programs, Processes and Procedures in a startup environment. You will be responsible for all of these initiatives from ground zero.
- Proven experience successfully partnering with business group leadership to develop and implement People strategies
- Familiarity with international employment dynamics, ideally in India, Western Europe and Eastern Europe
- Sound judgment and strong business acumen. High emotional intelligence
- High energy with a hands-on “doer” mentality.
- Willingness to travel globally to Aera’s engineering centers in Eastern Europe and India
- Must reside in the United States
- Bachelors in Business Administration / Human Resources strongly preferred
- Master’s Degree a plus
- SPHR or PHR certification highly desirable
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.