HR Business Partner
Mountain View, CA, USA
People Operations (HR)
At Aera, we’re rapidly growing our global teams to deliver on our vision of enabling the self-driving enterprise. Come join the fun!
Based in our Mountain View headquarters, this is a mission critical role where you will partner directly with Aera’s Founder & CTO and technical leaders to develop and implement the People strategy to scale their global teams. You will quickly establish yourself as a trusted partner and advisor on topics including organizational design, recruitment strategy, performance development, headcount planning, team culture and collaboration, and much much more. You will also be the go-to person for managing the HR issues that naturally arise as a company scales.
While this role includes the core elements you’d expect to find in a traditional HRBP role, it also brings a heavy focus on growth and scaling. This role is broad in scope, covering the end-to-end lifecycle of our team members, from ensuring we have a strong pipeline of technical candidates, all the way through to leading exit interviews and actioning the learnings.
You bring an authentic passion for the employee experience and you are committed to creating an environment where team members can do their best work, ever. You have a proven track record of establishing successful partnerships with highly technical leaders and product visionaries, and helping them shape and execute their people strategies. You thrive in an environment where you are both strategic and hands-on tactical.
Are you up for your next big challenge? Then read on!
- Become a trusted advisor on all things People-related to Aera’s Founder & CTO, and our global technical leaders within Engineering and Data Science
- Develop strategies to foster a vibrant team culture, with close collaboration and effective communication across geographically dispersed team members
- With input from each leader, develop the hiring plan, define critical roles, and assist our recruiting team in crafting compelling job descriptions
- Make sure we have the right recruiting processes, velocity and focus to deliver against our hiring plan. Stay in close communication with the recruiting team, ensuring they are fully aligned to the hiring plan
- Develop a crisp understanding of the DNA of the organization and the attributes that make a team member successful. Take an active part in interviewing candidates, with specific focus on interviewing for this DNA
- Develop strategies to help our managers identify, grow and retain top talent within their teams
- Implement innovative people programming to support career development, performance management, and leadership development
- Stay close to the teams you support so that you can proactively surface and address challenges before they become real issues
- Provide thoughtful guidance and support to our leaders on people issues including performance management issues and, where applicable, terminations
- High energy with a hands-on “doer” mentality
- High emotional intelligence
- 5+ years of HR Generalist experience, including working closely with senior technical leaders
- 2+ years in an HR Business Partner role, supporting engineering or technical team across multiple countries
- Proven experience successfully partnering with business group leadership to develop and implement People strategies
- Familiarity with international employment dynamics, ideally in India, Western Europe and Eastern Europe
- Sound judgment and strong business acumen
- Willingness to travel globally to Aera’s engineering centers in Eastern Europe and India
- Bachelors and/ or Master’s Degree in Business Administration / Human Resources strongly preferred
- SPHR or PHR certification highly desirable
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.