UI / UX Designer
Cluj-Napoca, Romania /
Product Management /
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
We are looking for a talented and agile UI Designer who will be contributing to redesign our existing product with “modern” customer-centric user interface and defining end-to-end experience for new products/initiatives, working collaboratively with other designers, product management, and engineering team.
- Visual Design: Making choice of appropriate designs with enough contrast, themes, responsive but keeping the overall design simple, intuitive. Being able to back up the design decisions with fundamental principles and research
- Design System. Collaborating with the whole design team in building a Design System for our products
- Interaction Design: Apply user empathy and situational awareness to craft workflows that help users glide through the experience of applying cognitive skills to their business challenges
- Branding: Good understanding of branding and experience with using and enforcing it in your visual designs
- Design Process: Embracing the lean/agile design processes, collaborating with engineers, paying attention to details and owning the design QA
- Continuous Improvement: Inspiring a culture of design-driven product development and educating developers to implement latest design principles and tools
- Vision: Obsessed with building great products and design contextual interactions with respect to Aera Technology core platform and insights into the data
- Collaboration: Work closely with our Product, Engineering and Customer Success teams
- 3-5 years of Professional Experience, and a strong portfolio of enterprise web design work
- Proficiency with Figma or Sketch, Adobe Illustrator
- Strong experience with a structured design process
- Proactive and have accountability
- Experience in working with Design System is a plus
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS to understand requirements and how designs and assets might affect the implementation and delivery
- Great presentation skills and very comfortable leading stakeholders to find consensus, communicating the value of your work, and justifying the design decisions you have made
- Autonomously leading simultaneous projects with fast turnarounds excites you
- Familiarity and comfort in working with engineers - willingness to learn the technical constraints of implementing certain design principles, (not afraid to "peek under the hood")
- Last but not the least, take pride in the work and have positive attitude
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!