Director, Product Operations - Raleigh-Durham, NC
Raleigh-Durham, NC, USA
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
As Director, Product Operations, you will report to our VP of Security & Infrastructure and will be charged with owning the process of releasing builds into QA, STG, and PRD. You will review, analyze and recommend solutions and tools to improve the software development process – all while maintaining existing build environments and leading the design and implementation of their replacement.
This role will be a key member of our Engineering Productivity team, comprised of DevOps, IT, Security, and Technical Operations. This is with a growing technology company in the Machine Learning field, where automation, scalability and building out a modern CI/CD pipeline are the keys to success.
This role will also be one of the early members of our Raleigh-Durham team, working with one of our longest-tenured Aera employees.
- Enhance and maintain a CI/CD process for development in a production environment for a SaaS-based product
- Lead the DevOps team to maintain operations of systems in all environments including development, test, staging, production, and others as needed.
- Develop and maintain scripts used by automated build, deployment and packaging systems.
- Select, deploy, administer and support 3rd party tools as needed, like Jenkins Jobs/Plugins/Settings and Integration through CI/CD platform
- Trace complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment.
- Develop, maintain and enhance key parts of the release procedures and processes. Coordinate release activities with Release Management, Project Management, QA, and Development teams to ensure a smooth and trouble-free rollout of releases.
- Identify opportunities to improve operations and team efficiency through various aspects of integration and deployment automation.
- 8-10+ years’ experience in designing, building and managing large-scale application infrastructure in AWS.
- Advanced experience with Jenkins and workflows in a cloud environment. Experience with other build orchestration tools is acceptable.
- Advanced experience with Subversion and Git/GITHUB. Experience in customizing these tools is required.
- 5+ years of experience in developing solutions on one or more continuous integration tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins or other integrated automation tools.
- Expert level experience with Ansible (Windows and Linux).
- Building EC2 instances via AWS console or implementing entire cloud infrastructures.
- Understanding of SQS, CloudWatch and CloudTrail to monitor the VMs health check and alarm the users through AWS SNS notifications.
- Setting up auto-scaling to scale-up and scale-down EC2 instances and Clusters to manage load according to customers load capacity.
- Creating AMIs and snapshots to build new EC2 instances.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes container technologies a big plus.
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.