Data Integration QA Engineer
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
- The Data Integration QA Engineer is mainly responsible for integration testing of sponsor data throughout the ETL and data warehouse project lifecycle.
- This includes, but is not limited to, “end-to-end’ testing of data from feeds through various source like flat-file, REST API, Database, creating test feeds and test data for entire QA team, client data feed ingestion, data integration testing, data analysis, and case creation logic testing.
- Additionally, functional testing and associated activities are required of this position.
- This position will require external interaction with data operations, as well as coordination of test data integration between Customer Success, Development and Product/Programs Management teams.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in the technical area
- Strong understanding of data models, structures, and ETL tools
- Solid working experience and knowledge of SQL
- Testing experience in a data warehouse, data analysis, ETL or combination
- Experience in creating comprehensive, end-to-end, integration test cases based on requirements/user stories
- Experience in testing flat file record formats are essential
- Functional testing experience with web applications
- Supply chain experience is a plus (Good to have)
- Proven external customer contact and client relationship management is helpful
- Relevant data feed ingestion, extraction and integration experience is preferred
- Aptitude in Python, Unix shell script and PowerShell
- Experience in effectively working with a variety of personnel both internal and external (technical and non-technial)
- Working knowledge of issue tracking systems and version control systems (BitBucket)
- Experience using an iterative testing methodology
- Ability to work in a technically dynamic and evolving Agile testing methodology and environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia).
So join us, and let’s build this!