Director, Corporate Marketing
San Francisco or Mountain View, CA, USA /
At Aera Technology, we apply internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way. The cognitive technology for the Self-Driving Enterprise™. Aera understands how your business works, makes real-time recommendations, predicts outcomes, and takes action autonomously. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
Aera is seeking a Director, Corporate Marketing. This individual will be responsible for building the brand awareness and shaping the company’s narrative in the marketplace. This leader will report to the CMO and manage a small team, working with our executive, sales, and customer success teams, along with outside agencies to achieve our overall corporate marketing goals. Candidates should have expertise across internal and external communication and execution, with the know-how to grow a category and establish brand preference.
The Director, Corporate Marketing will be able to work from either Aera office in Mountain View or San Francisco.
- Own Aera brand and actively promote it
- Responsible for developing key messaging and execution of speaking engagements, and content opportunities
- Plan and manage Aera’s corporate social and online properties, including its website, steadily improving Aera’s digital presence and collaborating with the demand generation team to drive traffic
- Partner with PR agencies to develop communication plans and execute against the strategy; building relationships with media and influencers, and finding creative ways to create relevant conversations for Aera and our spokespeople
- Build and maintain consistent Analyst relationships through briefings, inquiries and events
- Work closely with sales and customer success teams to identify customers to be nurtured as customer references for media. Develop and build a reference library for medial relationships
- Establish and maintain strong collaboration with sales leaders on key updates on analyst, press and influencer activities and events
- Influence co-marketing opportunities with partners to grow the business
- Build out corporate marketing plans, sets and provides ongoing reporting against KPIs and awareness and engagement goals
- Directly manage a small team; also responsible for external PR, events, and creative agency / contractor relationships
- Closely collaborate with multiple stakeholders to ensure dots are connected between customer strategies, marketing objectives and tactical plans. Reviews strategy, plans, and status updates with senior executives. Recommend big ideas to reach stretch goals and problem solves to adjust to the ongoing business
- Minimum of 8 years of corporate marketing experience at a high tech company including communications, public relations and events; B2B preferred
- Marketing enterprise software experience strongly preferred
- Experience creating and using strong media and key influencer relationships to drive results
- Proven ability to design and execute large-scale corporate marketing initiatives, including corporate events
- Communication strategy, management and messaging expertise
- Digital marketing expertise and experience in planning, designing and managing websites, social properties, and SEO/SEM
- Agency and contractor management with scaled processes to drive and measure results
- An expert writer and editor with the ability to remove the jargon and streamline complex information into its most digestible form
- Analytical skills, including an understanding of key leading and lagging metrics used to measure brand growth
- Able to align key stakeholders on decisions, working collaboratively across teams
- Customer focused, with a track record of working closely to build ongoing win-win relationships
- 3+ years managing a high-performing team with the ability to recruit, develop and retain top talent Adaptable and comfortable leading change, guiding a team to see and believe in the Aera vision
- Accountable for results, with the ability to work collaboratively across sales, marketing and operations teams to achieve these results
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.