Cloud Automation Engineer
Pune, India /
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
In this role, your work will influence the success of and help to secure the information of companies across the world. Members of our technology team are experts in the field, working to evaluate, secure and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s. The Cloud Engineer is a highly technical, hands-on role which will work closely with security, infrastructure, engineering and product managers. The right candidate will provide critical support in a collaborative effort to ensure the Aera cloud maintains the highest level of availability and security to meet or exceeds current best practices as well as internal and external compliance standards.
The primary responsibility for this role will be to contribute to the design and perform the implementation of automation solutions in a multi-cloud (AWS and Azure) infrastructure. You will be working with a geographically distributed, collaborative team to help ensure Aera maintains and implements best of breed cloud practices. The ideal candidate will help Aera innovate the management of cloud systems, infrastructure and security solutions to create value and assurance for our clients.
- Working closely with our Cloud Architecture and Engineering team and Production Operations teams, identify, implement and document automation and orchestration solutions
- Analyze current cloud processes and methods and make recommendations for implementing automation or improvements to existing automation
- Develop automation best practices for the Cloud Architecture and Engineering team
- Provide feedback regarding development and engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices
- Approach problems and define solutions with the using infrastructure as code concepts
- Assist our Security Operations Center with the prioritization and remediation of potential risks and vulnerabilities across the entire multi-cloud Aera infrastructure
- Research and maintain current knowledge on cloud provider capabilities, security issues, trends, solutions and potential implications
- Participate in audits and periodic risk reviews in conjunction with the Governance and Compliance team
- Practical experience with one or more of Terraform, Packer or Ansible is required
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- Working and current knowledge of at least one of the AWS and Azure cloud ecosystems, ideally with experience of cloud interoperability
- Basic familiarity with containerization technologies and orchestration platforms
- Scripting experience in one or more languages such as Python, bash, Ruby, etc.…
- Hands on experience with Ubuntu/Debian and/or Amazon Linux
- Strong knowledge of common internet and application protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, LDAP, DNS and TLS
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.
- Experience with HashiCorp Vault and/or Consul is highly desired
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!