Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. The cognitive technology for the Self-Driving Enterprise™. Aera understands how your business works, makes real-time recommendations, predicts outcomes, and takes action autonomously.
We're looking for a Senior Accountant in our Romania subsidiary to support our growth as we continue to scale globally. This role will play an integral part in our accounting close, finance operations, and GL operations. You must have the ability to think high level about processes and procedures in addition to being able and willing to roll up your sleeve. You will have the opportunity to be a key player in shaping our accounting processes and control flows, tracking our performance, and identifying new opportunities for improvements.
If you like taking initiatives, have outstanding organizational skills, and is an effective team player with great work ethic and attitude, we want to hear from you!
- Integral part of the monthly close process for Romania subsidiary
- Participate in Financial Review calls for Romania Entity with Corporate Accounting team based in Mountain View, California, US and outsource Accounting Provider
- Own Romania Entity payments process (Vendor, credit card, expensify)
- Outsource accounting provider main contact and support Bank Contact/ support for Romania Subsidiary
- Participate in audits: local, HQ, and tax audits by providing audit requirements and PBCs as well as responding to US Corporate team and auditors
- Employee support with respect to accounting questions on Vendor payments/ Expensify
- Work on Romania vs. US GAAP Reconciliations as well as other Balance Sheet reconciliations assigned by Corporate team
- Document desk procedures and processes for assigned areas
- Participate in system implementation as well as roll out of new processesInteract with other departments to produce flux analysis and accounting reports
- Proactively seek out process improvements; continuously make recommendations for improvement and implement agreed-upon changes
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience in the Accounting field at a U.S. SaaS company
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA a plus
- Proficient with Netsuite or other ERP systems
- Willing to take calls/ meetings in different time zones during Financial Reviews/Month end close
- Proficient in excel, use of pivot tables, vlookups, sumif formulas, etc.
- Independent, self-motivated individual with great work ethic and a start-up mindset of willing to help out wherever needed
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, process improvement skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and with external parties
- High ethical standards with demonstrated experience handling highly sensitive and confidential information
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task as well as prioritize and adhere to tight deadlines
- Love setting up automated processes and increasing operational efficiency
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in San Francisco (California), Portland (Oregon), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), and Pune (India). So join us, and let’s build this!