Mobile QA Engineer
Pune, India /
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
We're looking for a talented Software Engineer in Test who is passionate about mobile testing , writing code to test code, co-owning our mobile and test automation infrastructure, and ultimately providing our engineering teams with the confidence to deploy code anytime. You will be playing a major role when it comes to quality assurance of mobile testing. When working with scrum it is important to be able to work in a dynamic way and follow the flow without lowering the quality bar. You must feel comfortable with being a strong driver in the team as you must proactively be one step ahead of the developers to secure good quality. We operate in an agile manner with cross-functional teams who are empowered to make decisions and move quickly.
You will be based in our Pune office.
- As a team member, you will work together with agile Team. You must be interested in agile working methods and improving collaboration
- You will be involved in all development phases from planning to final test
- As a mobile tester, you need to be able to take on the role as an end user. This means that you drive question/highlight design decisions that will maximize the end user experience
- Good hands on experience in coding by bringing the right attitude and testing process
- Consistently contribute to improve test automation infrastructure and coverage across web and mobile applications
- Design and develop test automation frameworks and solutions across our entire stack
- Work closely with the team to facilitate unit, functional and integration tests
- Establish automation goals for new and existing featuresIntegrate automated tests into continuous delivery system
- Be a vocal champion for quality in every phase of the development process
- Strong Java or other programming skills
- 4+ years of commendable experience in functional and automated Mobile applications (iOS and Android) and System testing
- Up to speed with modern software engineering: version control systems, issue tracking, build systems (Maven, Ant, etc), Jenkins continuous integration, etc.
- Working experience with testing tools (TestNg, JMeter, JUnit, etc) using Selenium and Appium for UI
- Exposure to working with browserstack, perfecto will be an added advantage
- Experience with RESTful web services and the JSON data formatStrong familiarity with SQL
- Strong sense of ownership, passionate, fast learner, detail-oriented, analytical mindset, perfection seeker
- Excellent written and verbal communication, people and collaboration skills
Nice to Have
- Experience working with globally distributed team and startup company
- Experience with multi-tenant SaaS applications
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!