Senior Manager, Accounting
Mountain View, CA, USA
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
We're looking for a Senior Manager, Accounting to join our Finance team to support our growth as we continue to scale globally. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in technical and operational accounting, both at a Big 4 and in-house at a U.S. SaaS company. If you like taking initiatives, driving processes, making an impact, and are excited to roll up your sleeves, we want to hear from you!
- Technical accounting
- Draft accounting position papers and provide guidance to internal finance and accounting team to ensure significant transactions are properly accounted for and disclosed in the consolidated financial statements
- Work proactively with external auditors to drive timely closure of technical accounting matters to ensure proper accounting and disclosures along with documentation of accounting memos
- Ensure compliance to tax filing and reporting requirements
- Lead the Company’s efforts to comply with the requirements of Sarbanes Oxley while ensuring compliance and adherence with controls for internal policies and external regulations.
- Lead and document the implementation of improvements to accounting processes and policies
- Opportunity-to-Order and Order-to-Cash process
- Build and manage strong business partnerships with key finance, legal, and sales leaders to ensure effective internal control collaboration in a fast-paced environment and identify and recommend process improvements
- Review order forms and SOWs to ensure that revenue is recognized in accordance with the corporate policy and GAAP standards. Liaise with legal counsel for customer contract review
- Manage the sales order entry process for new bookings and customer billings (subscription, professional services, reimbursable expenses)
- Manage revenue close, including preparing monthly journal entries, deferred revenue, accounts/unbilled receivables, and allowance for uncollectible reconciliations
- Perform VSOE and BESP studies and analysis. Stay current on revenue recognition guidance ASC 605 / 606 and make interpretations of guidance with respect to company revenues. Prepare technical accounting memos that analyze and conclude on revenue issues on customer contracts as required
- Maintain bookings, revenue, and cash collection forecast
- Assist in establishing and monitoring the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures and accounting policies
- Monthly close process and projects
- Investigate and reconcile accounts
- Draft and deliver accounting monthly close pack
- Support monthly budgeting and forecasting activities
- Partner with various business owners and finance to provide financial and analytical support
- Ad hoc projects
- Participate in system implementation and enhancements as well as roll out guidance and best practice.
- Perform ad hoc special projects, analytical assignments, and additional duties as needed
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant work experience in the Accounting field at a U.S. SaaS company
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA license and deep understanding of GAAP required (Big 4 experience strongly preferred)
- Proficient with Netsuite or other ERP systems; Salesforce expertise is a plus
- Proficient in excel, use of pivot tables, vlookups, sumif formulas, etc.
- Independent, self-motivated individual with great work ethic and a start-up mindset of willing to help out wherever needed
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, process improvement skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and with external parties
- High ethical standards with demonstrated experience handling highly sensitive and confidential information
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task as well as prioritize and adhere to tight deadlines
- Love of setting up automated processes and increasing operational efficiency
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.