Revenue Accounting Manager
Mountain View, CA, USA
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
We’re looking for a Revenue Accounting Manager to join the Finance team. This candidate will be responsible for Opportunity-to-Order and Order-to-Cash process. If you like taking initiative, have outstanding organization skills, and are excited to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, we want to hear from you!
- Build and manage strong business partnerships with key finance, legal, and sales leaders to ensure effective internal control collaboration in a fast paced environment and identify & recommend process improvements in the opportunity-to-order and order-to-cash process.
- Review order forms and SOWs to ensure that revenue is recognized in accordance with the corporate policy and GAAP standards. Liaise with external legal counsel for customer contract review.
- Responsible for the sales order entry process for new bookings and customer billings (subscription, professional services, reimbursable expenses).
- Manage revenue close, including preparing monthly journal entries, deferred revenue, accounts/unbilled receivables, and allowance for uncollectible reconciliations.
- Perform VSOE and BESP studies and analysis. Stay current on revenue recognition guidance ASC 605 / 606 and make interpretations of guidance with respect to company revenues. Prepare technical accounting memos that analyze and conclude on revenue issues on customer contracts as required.
- Maintain bookings, revenue, and cash collection forecast.
- Assist in establishing and monitoring the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures and accounting policies.
- Support system implementations and maintenance.
- Assist in special projects.
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience in the revenue field at a U.S. SaaS company.
- Knowledge of revenue recognition US GAAP, ASC 605 / 606.
- Independent, self-motivated individual with great work ethic and a start-up mindset of willing to help out wherever needed.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, process improvement skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a positive, service-oriented attitude. Proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and with vendors.
- High ethical standards with demonstrated experience handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to multi-task as well as prioritize and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Love of setting up automated processes and increasing operational efficiency.
- NetSuite and Expensify experience preferred.
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.