Technical Support Manager
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
Aera is looking for an exceptional Technical Support Manager to manage and grow our global customer support team. In this role, you will lead a talented team of customer focused support engineers across locations (Mountain View, CA; Pune, India; Romania) to deliver a best in class support experience to Aera’s customers. The ideal candidate has strong internal and external communication, solid judgement and leadership skills to manage conflicting priorities, and utmost discretion and can-do attitude when navigating customer issues. In addition, you will you will recruit, train, and manage technical analysts and support engineers to deliver timely front-line incident triage and resolution.
This role is based in Bucharest and will report directly to the VP of Global Customer Success.
- Manage day to day activities of global support team with the highest degree of customer service, support excellence, and total process ownership
- Foster strong team coherency, high-performance culture, and sound best practices that align to company values; lead by example to drive efficient and detail oriented results
- Collaborate seamless and effectively across functions to escalate and resolve customer issues and priorities; manage tickets to completion and serve as “critical case engineer” in support processes; own all end to end customer communication across the customer support lifecycle
- Collect, analyze and deliver customer usage metrics; improve & maintain customer health dashboards, processes, and infrastructure (Jira, Zendesk, 24x7 coverage model, etc); track workflow efficiency and incorporate learnings to improve level of service
- Identify and manage strengths and “train-up” skills of support team members to successfully build out Tier 2 and Tier 3 of Support Escalations units
- 7-10 years of customer-facing, technical support experience within relevant enterprise software organizations
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience (“team lead” experience is acceptable)
- Strong leadership and ability to motivate a diverse and global team
- Data-driven mindset with experience tracking data, and providing reports/analysis with enterprise level software tools
- Proactive and proven ability to manage operations and drive efficient processes
- SQL knowledge required
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent
Nice to Have
- Experience working in a start-up software company is a strong advantage
- Expertise in Business Intelligence software preferred
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.