Mountain View, CA, USA
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
In this role, your work will influence the success of companies across the world. Members of our Technology team are experts in the field, working to evaluate and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s. This position is a highly technical hands-on role which requires you to lead all AWS engineering and infrastructure initiatives from design to implementation.
The primary responsibilities for this role will be to work closely with Engineering to understand the product/services requirement and provide industry leading infrastructure for our product.
- Provide hands-on technical design and implementation ensuring alignment of AWS architecture with business and technical needs.
- Perform expert-level systems AWS development and design; Create and maintain AWS networking; system engineering for scaling and automated resources.
- Lead availability, scalability, and performance plans for the AWS Infrastructure.
- Work across Engineering and product teams to drive planning and execution steps towards AWS production deployments.
- Evolve and improve our approach to microservice connectivity.
- Configure AWS automation jobs to automate various tasks for AWS management, system administration, provisioning, decommissioning, and deployments.
- Develop technical roadmaps for future AWS cloud implementations.
- 7+ years of cloud engineering and architecture experience
- Experience with engineering and managing geographically distributed, highly available, high traffic cloud infrastructure (particularly AWS)
- Expert level knowledge of cloud infrastructure, including networking VPCs, VGWs, VPNs, DNS
- Experience working in continuous integration and system monitoring
- Demonstrated understanding of configuration management and orchestration tools (Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Familiarity with Containerization concepts like Docker, and PaaS services on AWS. Big PLUS
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.