Director, Human Resources
Mountain View, CA, USA
People Operations (HR)
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations.
We’re hiring our first Director, Human Resources. This is a critical, highly-visible role that will partner with senior leaders to identify, develop and drive key People initiatives across Aera’s global business. You will provide full-cycle HR leadership and work closely with all levels within Aera, whether coaching our executives on how to build and lead their teams, navigating and resolving employee relations issues or managing programs that help develop our people leaders and team members. Reporting directly to the Chief People Officer, you will be an integral part of the leadership team. You will develop a robust understanding of every aspect of the business and be a thought leader on people and organizational topics. You will need to think and act globally and be comfortable in a rapidly growing and evolving startup environment.
As Director, Human Resources, you bring an authentic passion for the employee experience and you are committed to creating an environment where team members can do their best work, ever. You have a proven track record of establishing successful partnerships with leaders across the organization and helping them shape and execute their people strategies. You thrive in an environment where you are both strategic and hands-on tactical.
Are you up for your next big challenge? Then read on!
- Develop strategies to foster a vibrant team culture, with close collaboration and effective communication across geographically dispersed team members. Develop a crisp understanding of the DNA of Aera and what makes us successful as a global team
- Develop strategies to help our managers identify, grow and retain top talent within their teams
- Implement innovative people programming to support career development, performance management, and leadership development
- Serve as the subject matter expert to leadership on key organizational and management decisions
- Lead Aera’s performance feedback and compensation review cyclesCoach business leaders on execution of performance management and talent management processes to promote a culture of high performance, continuous growth and development
- Partner with Finance to prepare offer packages for new hires, ensuring compensation at Aera is competitive and fair in each local market
- Manage the resolution of complex employee relations issues, leading / assisting in the investigation of employee complaints. Advise and counsel management regarding appropriate disciplinary actions to create consistency and ensure minimal legal risk
- Maintain knowledge of HR industry trends and new employment related legislation. As necessary, communicate policies, procedures and program revisions
- Analyze relevant business metrics, including turnover, transfers and exit interview data, to proactively identify trends, and provide recommendations for improvement to business leaders
- High energy with high emotional intelligence
- Ability to seamlessly navigate both the strategic and the tactical. You focus on action and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty executing on day-to-day tactics
- 10+ years of human resources experience that includes recruiting, employe relations, organizational design, change management, compensation, benefits, talent management, HR systems and analytics
- 5+ years of supervisory/management experience in Human Resources
- Demonstrated business acumen and an ability to align people strategy with business strategy to deliver results
- Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships and partnerships at all levels of the organization, and to design, implement, and lead change management initiatives
- Excellent problem solving skills and a keen ability to think on your feet
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high growth and constantly evolving environment. You pride yourself on your flexibility and you act with a sense of urgency
- Skilled at navigating your work with a high degree of confidentiality and integrity, constantly balancing you dual role as a representative of both the people and the company
- Familiarity with international employment dynamics, ideally in India, Europe and Asia
- Willingness to travel globally to Aera’s centers in Europe and India
- Bachelors and/ or Master’s Degree in Business Administration / Human Resources strongly preferred
- SPHR or PHR certification highly desirable
- We have offices in Mountain View and San Francisco, and are open to the Director working primarily from either
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.