Senior Software Engineer - Python
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer (Python) to join our world-class engineering and data science team and become instrumental in the development and architecture of our enterprise cloud platform. As a Sr. SWE, you will collaborate with other Data scientists, designers, product managers to influence product direction and functional requirements, and deliver complex high performance, scalable software products and APIs.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code and automation.
- Maintain the CI/CD and improve release pipelineIdentify bottlenecks and bugs in applications, and devise solutions to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
- Research and learn new technologies to design code reviews and application enhancements/upgrades.
- Collaborate cross-functionally as a key contributor in all phases of the development life-cycle.
- Create and execute unit test cases and contribute to test automation.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- 5+ yrs of solid experience as a backend Python developer.
- Experience with Python frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask, Bottle).
- Should have good experience in both Python 2 and Python 3.
- Strong knowledge of Data Structures & Algorithms, OOP, Threads, Parallel-Processing.
- Experience building secure, complex, and scalable APIs, from design through deployment.
- Should be able to write clean, modular code. Solid understanding of writing and delivering testable quality code.
- Should have knowledge of SDLC best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations. Experience with GIT, Jira & Agile Methodology.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and REST APIExperience with Docker and Kubernetes is a big plus.
- Experience with SQL
Nice to have:
- Experience with streaming data and complex event processing systems
- Experience in working with NoSQL technologies like Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra is a plus
- Working knowledge in AWS, Kafka, Apache Spark, Elasticsearch
- Java knowledge is a plus
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!