Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way. We are looking for Engagement Principals to work with our customers to realize this vision.
The Engagement Principal is the primary person responsible for the successful deployment of Aera solutions at our clients and, ultimately, of the value delivered to our clients. The successful Engagement Principal builds a long-term client relationship, becoming a “trusted advisor” to senior level executives within the client organization. Together with the Client Partner, the Engagement Principal will contribute to developing existing clients, primarily by defining a roadmap towards the Self-Driving Enterprise. This position is a player/coach where you will not only own project delivery, but will also contribute to functional and technical deliverables.
In addition, the Engagement Principal is instrumental in winning new customers. He or she is a key contributor to sales cycles, as a subject matter expert and as the owner of key activities such as customer workshops, RFx responses, demos, POCs, and proposals. The Engagement Principal skillfully navigates both pre-sales and post-sales responsibilities, ensuring a seamless engagement from the first touch points to the actual project delivery.
- Be the single point of contact between the customer, Aera team, as other parties such as consultants and system integrators for all project-related topics (except commercials).
- Ensure project requirements are understood by Aera resources and delivered on-time and in accordance with customer expectations and statement of work (SOW).
- Manage project resources, track progress via KPIs, and escalate as required.
- Keep customers within project scope and on-task.
- Partner with the Client Partner to identify and close upsell opportunities that will move the client towards the Self-Driving Enterprise.
- Act as supply chain subject matter expert, both during the implementation as well as in pre-sales situations.
- Plan and run meetings/workshop with prospects, ranging from early discovery sessions to detailed final presentations as part of a formal software evaluation.
- Estimate and document project requirements for proposals and SOWs.
- Work closely with our Product team to drive our product improvements and direction.
- 10+ years of experience leading and managing post-sales enterprise software implementation projects.
- Outstanding on-site, customer-facing skills (communication, project management, relationship building, etc.) and a deep sense of urgency in delivering to customer requirements, paired with an acute ability to understand customer needs/pain points and define solutions.
- Extensive and broad supply chain knowledge, including supply chain best practices and metrics covering all core aspects of supply chain (demand, supply, manufacturing, inventory, order management, etc.).
- Experience with enterprise IT and software, including ERP (Oracle and SAP), cloud/SaaS, security, mobile, BI, planning systems and execution systems.
- Familiarity with supply chain, logistics, and planning software - specifically, SAP and best-of-breed such as JDA, Kinaxis, etc.
- Experience with agile project work/scrum methodologies.
- Experience writing proposals and SOWs.
- Proven ability to successfully manage technical team members.
- Ability to travel globally.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or CPG vertical is an added bonus.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Engineering; Master’s degree preferred.
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!