Technical Lead - Big Data
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way. The cognitive technology for the Self-Driving Enterprise™. Aera understands how your business works, makes real-time recommendations, predicts outcomes, and takes action autonomously. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
The Technical Lead is a hands-on role that will work closely with our product owners to collaborate on the features and APIs, interact with engineering teams to define the architecture, and implement features based on precise understanding of the requirements. As a technical lead in our global engineering organization, the candidate will mentor and lead talented local and remote teams, and collaborate cross functionally.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code and automation
- Lead design and implementation of robust and highly scalable data services
- Build secure, complex, and scalable APIs, from design through deployment
- Mentor engineers and lead projects
- Produce high quality deliverables while working with cross-functional teams
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs in applications, and devise solutions to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Maintain the CI/CD and improve release pipeline
- 8+ yrs experience in Java, J2EE, Tomcat, Multithreading and Caching techniques
- 3+ yrs experience in AWS, Kafka, Apache Spark
- Strong SQL development, data modeling and complex data structures for high-volume and high-velocity data
- Experience with streaming data and complex event processing systems
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment for iterative project turnarounds on mission critical systems
- Experience working with global teams across multiple time zones
- Have a passion to produce high quality deliverables Experience with working on Spring/ORM, Micro service frameworks, GIT, Gradle and Linux platforms
- Solid understanding of writing and delivering testable quality code, from the ground up
- Experience in working with NOSQL technologies like REDIS, MongoDB
- Hands-on experience with frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito
- Hands-on experience with code quality frameworks/tools such as SonarQube, pmd, checkstyle etc.
- Strong educational background with Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or a related area
Nice to Have
- Experience building secure, complex, and scalable APIs, from design through deployment
- Working knowledge in Elasticsearch
- Python scripting is a plus
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!