Manager, User Experience (UX)
Cluj-Napoca, Romania /
How does the prospect of building and leading a talented and creative User Experience and UX Design team sound?
Do you want to help grow a company that’s shaping the future of enterprise software? Are you passionate about design and eager to take on an exciting, challenging opportunity? If these questions pique your interest and get you excited, then we want to talk to you!
We are looking for an experienced Manager of User Experience who will lead our user experience efforts, including UX design, to create a fantastic user experience. The Director will guide the UX design team in redesigning our existing product with a modern customer-centric user interface, and define the end-to-end experience for new products/initiatives, working collaboratively with other designers, product management, and the engineering team. You work equally well with designers and engineers, understanding the symbiosis that exists between the two. You have a passion for design and innovation and understand that culture is the foundation of success in UX.
This role balances design, design leadership, and hands-on team leadership. It is the job of the Director to frame the problems to be solved and then to lead the team to the solutions, managing relationships and improving processes along the way:
- You have holistic product experience - across the platform as well as the skills
- You work closely with the implementation team to ensure our standards are enforced and design/experience is consistent
Collaborate with Product Management team, which provides the requirements
Translate into user experience, collaboratively with the Product team
Produce wireframesConvert wireframes into the designs
Manage this process end to end, in close sync with the Product and Customer teams, as needed
Manage stakeholders, navigating multiple perspectives
- Team Management: Play a key role in building, leading, and shaping the UX team, comprised of a mix of UX and UI Designers across the US, Mexico, Romania, and India
- Interaction Design: Apply user empathy and situational awareness to craft workflows that help users glide through the experience of applying cognitive skills to their business challenges
- Visual Design: Choose appropriate designs – based on fundamental principles and research – with contrast, themes, and responsiveness, while keeping the overall design simple, intuitive and true to brand
- Branding: Solid understanding of branding nuances; experience using and enforcing the company brand in visual designs
- Design Process: Embrace the lean/agile design processes, collaborate with engineers, and own the design QA, all while exhibiting attention to detail
- Continuous Improvement: Inspire a culture of design-driven product development and educate developers to implement the latest design principles and tools
- Vision: Bring creative, bold thinking to the table as we evolve our user experience and build innovative products
- Collaboration: Work closely with our Product Management, Engineering and Customer Success teams
- 3+ years’ experience managing and leading the end-to-end user experience, including design, for a cloud-based SaaS product or suite of products. Experience must include developing the user experience for business users (versus purely for a technical user base)
- 3+ years’ experience managing a team of UX Designers
- Deep experience in UX design principles, processes and tools such as wireframes, Figma, Invision, or similar
- Proven experience collaborating closely with Product Management, including quickly developing a robust understanding of the product, its features and its reach
- Experience working with Engineering teams in an Agile environment with fast prototypes and turnaround times, including aligning deliverables to engineering sprints and planning cycles
- Excellent presentation skills comfort leading stakeholders to find consensus, communicating the value of your work, and justifying design decisions you have made
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS to understand requirements and how designs and assets might affect the implementation and delivery
- Pride in your work and a positive attitude
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!