London, UK /
Commercial – Sales - EMEA /
At Aera Technology, we are helping the largest enterprises in the world transform how they make and execute decisions with Decision Intelligence. Aera understands how your business works, makes real-time recommendations, predicts outcomes, and takes action autonomously. Our platform delivers the business agility required to respond to today’s ever-changing environment.
The Solution Engineer is the ‘Swiss-Army Knife’ who supports the Client Partner throughout the middle of the sales cycle to win new customers as well as retain and up-sell existing customers. She or he is a key contributor to sales cycles, as a subject matter expert, and as the owner of key activities that help the prospect navigate their selection and decision-making process. Also, as tip of the spear in our go-to-market strategy, SE’s work closely with our Product Management and COE functions to provide feedback on market requirements and our product development roadmap.
The ideal candidate has worked in a pre-sales role at a relevant enterprise software firm, ideally in the realm of planning, decision-support, or analytics.
- Present Aera capabilities in initial and ongoing meetings and discussions with both prospective accounts and existing customers
- Deliver standard and custom demos, live in Aera’s demo environment
- Develop a robust understanding of Aera's primary Cognitive Skills (see description at aeratechnology.com), enabling customers to visualize the art of the possible
- Use energetic storytelling to convey the value and power of Aera’s Cognitive Operating System (COS)
- Lead Proof of concept/Proof of value exercises
- Facilitate or support benefit assessments and business case development
- Assist with Proposals, RFx responses
- Work with Engagement Principles to create compelling Solution Deployment Roadmaps
- Run meetings and workshops with prospects and customers, ranging from early discovery sessions to detailed final presentations
- Support multiple prospect and customer project deliverables
- 8-10 years domain experience ideally working for a BI, Predictive Analytics or Data Visualisation Software vendor.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with enterprise IT and software, including ERP (Oracle and SAP), cloud/SaaS, security, mobile, BI, planning systems and execution systems
- Familiarity with Big Data tools, analysing large data sets or complex data issues.
- Experience with value engineering and business case development
- Experience writing proposals and SOWs
- Ability to travel
- Experience in the process manufacturing especially pharmaceutical, chemicals, and/or CPG
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Engineering; Master’s degree preferred
At Aera, our purpose is to enable a sustainable, efficient, and intelligent world with Cognitive Automation. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for fundamentally transforming how people work — from people working machines, to machines working, guided by people, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.