Technical Tools and Release Manager
Mountain View, CA, USA
At Aera Technology, we apply internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way. The cognitive technology for the Self-Driving Enterprise™. Aera understands how your business works, makes real-time recommendations, predicts outcomes, and takes action autonomously. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
Release Managers (RMs) are highly visible leaders, building partnerships across the entire R&D and senior leadership to understand and improve our practice, product and overall efficiency with in the release life cycle
Our Release Managers help improve our value delivery, velocity, understand bottlenecks and help influence ways to overcome them, as well as coach and mentor tech leaders, and scrum teams to build and deliver state of the art release infrastructure and tools that are effectively developed, integrated and deployed with quality and on time delivery into our production systems.
Please note: We are interested in considering every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, at the present time, we are not able to provide sponsorship.
- Manage the software release and deployment process for a variety of custom projects
- Troubleshoot support on issues post deployment and redirect help to right development teams as needed
- Build tools to support the software engineering process, review engineering practices, assist in researching new technologies, and meet with the development team to discuss future needs
- Manage the source code repository branching and versioning strategies
- Identify and automate manual release efforts in all stages of the software development life cycle
- Customize Atlasssian tools including Jira workflows/automations, Bitbucket access by making use of APIs or writing scripts
- Document release processes including best practices and rollback strategies
- Manage the technical design, implementation and engineering release infrastructure and tools
- Own the source control system, third-party repositories, build system, and deployment framework
- Support and provide management with metrics, reports, and schedules as necessary
- Develop a service map framework to capture the interdependencies between configuration attributes and mission capabilities and establish and maintain the Service Map
- Coordinate with Testing and Release Management staff to manage change requests through all phases of their life cycle
- Administer the change request queue to ensure processing thresholds are achieved & measure effective change
- Work closely with product development teams to identify, prioritize, and ensure key issues are fixed for a release
- Provide administrative support to the Change Approval Board (CAB) including agendas, meeting minutes and decision documentation
- Work cross functionally with our R&D Organization, Customer Engagement, Marketing and other orgs to maintain and communicate a clear release schedule and ensure successful deployments
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in release engineering
- 2+ years of experience supporting software development as a release manager, configuration manager, software release engineer, or similar role
- Experience JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket and other Atlassian tools
- Experience working on integrating tool stack like Jenkins Cloud, Bitbucket cloud etc.
- Proven experience managing the technical design, implementation and engineering release infrastructure and tools
- Successful development and implementation of release plans within a software development organization
- Knowledge of software architecture and deployment best practices
- Strong problem-solving skills using a methodical approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of extreme ambiguity, with only high-level direction
- Able to communicate highly technical problems and solutions at all levels from engineer to partner to C-level executives
- Able to influence, negotiate and inspire others in a matrixed environment
- Excellent organization, planning skills, and attention to detail
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.