Enterprise Technical Architect
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
We’re looking for a seasoned and talented enterprise level Technical Architect to join our world-class engineering team and become instrumental in the development and architecture of our enterprise cloud platform. As a Technical Architect, you will collaborate with other architects, designers, product managers and software developers to influence product direction and functional requirements, and deliver complex high performance, scalable software products and APIs. This role will report directly into our Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
- Design, build and maintain modular, efficient, secure, reusable, and reliable code automation and be a key player in major architectural adoption and mentor team throughout product development lifecycle.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for more than 1 scrum teams.
- Drive Technology roadmaps and take up research/POC work for new tools/technology solutions to support product roadmap.
- Identify bottlenecks in applications and devise solutions to ensure the best possible performance, quality, scalability, security and responsiveness of the applications.
- Collaborate cross-functionally in all phases of the development life-cycle.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- 11+ years of experience in building architecture and design for large scale enterprise application on cloud.
- Hands on experience with Java, J2EE, SQL, multi-threading, caching techniques and microservices.
- Experience utilizing continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques.
- Knowledge and basic experience with mobile application development and architecture (iOS and Android).
- Hands on experience in SQL, data modeling and data structures for high-volume and high-velocity data.
- Proven track record in building products on big data systems such as Spark, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, and other Big data technologies.
- Experience building large scale distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
- Experience in NOSQL datastores (Cassandra/MongoDB/Redis) and basic knowledge on Columnar database.
- Good interpersonal skills and have experience working with global teams.
- Nice to have experience in designing and building GraphQL based services.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!