Senior UX Designer
Mountain View, CA, USA
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
We are looking for a talented and agile UX Designer who will be contributing to redesign our existing product with “modern” customer-centric user interface and defining end-to-end experience for new products/initiatives, working collaboratively with other designers, product management, and engineering team.
- Interaction Design: Apply user empathy and situational awareness to craft workflows that help users glide through the experience of applying cognitive skills to their business challenges
- Visual Design: Making choice of appropriate designs with enough contrast, themes, responsive but keeping the overall design simple, intuitive. Being able to back up the design decisions with fundamental principles and research.
- Branding: Good understanding of branding and experience with using and enforcing it in your visual designs.
- Design Process: Embracing the lean/agile design processes, collaborating with engineers, paying attention to details and owning the design QA.
- Continuous Improvement: Inspiring a culture of design-driven product development and educating developers to implement latest design principles and tools.
- Vision: Obsessed with building great products and design contextual interactions with respect to Aera Technology core platform and insights into the data.
- Collaboration: Work closely with our Product, Engineering and Customer Success teams
- 3-5 years of Professional Experience, and a strong portfolio of enterprise web design work.
- Proficiency with Sketch, Craft, Adobe Illustrator, Zeplin, Axure.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS to understand requirements and how designs and assets might affect the implementation and delivery.
- Great presentation skills and very comfortable leading stakeholders to find consensus, communicating the value of your work, and justifying the design decisions you have made.
- Strong experience with a structured design process. Proactive and have accountability.
- Autonomously leading simultaneous projects with fast turnarounds excites you.
- Familiarity and comfort in working with engineers - willingness to learn the technical constraints of implementing certain design principles, (not afraid to "peek under the hood").
- Last but not the least, take pride in the work and have positive attitude.
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!