Technical Program Manager / Scrum Master
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
Our Technical Program Managers (TPMs) are highly visible leaders, building partnerships across engineering, product, customer success and senior leadership to understand and improve our practice, product and overall efficiency.
Our TPMs will help improve our value delivery, velocity, understand bottlenecks and help influence ways to overcome them, coach and mentor one or more scrum teams to deliver features that are effectively developed, integrated and deployed with quality and on time delivery into our production systems.
- Lead iterative delivery of strategic cross-functional initiatives from concept to ship, through focus, transparency, communication, visibility, and accountability
- Partner with engineering, product, customer success and business leadership to build highly collaborative teams and to enhance communication across teams and stakeholders
- Lead daily Scrum meetings (DSM), sprint planning sessions along with other execution events with product and engineering leaders
- Diagnose, analyze, and understand high priority issues and raise awareness of those with leadership teams.
- Drive and ensure timely, high quality releases
- Communicate status on the various cross functional swimlanes and improve velocity.
- Identify and resolve systemic issues impacting engineering and proactively take action to resolve
- Lead project meetings and identify and document results and actions
- Help drive clarity of deliverables between product, design, engineering and test teams and hold them accountable to different milestones.
Experience & Skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver complex initiatives iteratively with multiple dependencies and constraints, in a highly dynamic and agile environment
- Proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of extreme ambiguity, with only high-level direction
- Experience building roadmaps, release plans, project plans with a thorough understanding of dependency management
- Able to communicate highly technical problems and solutions at all levels from engineer to partner to C-level executives
- Able to influence, negotiate and inspire others in a matrixed environment
- Excellent organization, planning skills, and attention to detail
- SAFe or Scrum Master Certification or equivalent preferred
- At least five years of program manager role or Principal level of Scrum master
- Experience JIRA, Confluence and other Atlassian tools
- Experience with SAFe and agile development frameworks and philosophy
Strong Bonus Points
- A degree in engineering
- SAFe training or similar certifications
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!