San Francisco or Mountain View, CA, USA
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
As we gear up for scale, we're looking for an experienced Contract Specialist (within our Deal Desk function) to build, run, and manage our growing transaction volume. In this role, you will be responsible for reviewing contracts, interpreting the commercial terms, providing feedback, and driving the contracts to closure by partnering closely with stakeholders from Sales, Customer Engagement, Finance, and Legal. This is our first hire in this capacity and you will have the opportunity to build, improve, and enable processes that directly drive top-line. If you like taking initiative, driving processes, making an impact, and are excited to roll up your sleeves, we want to hear from you!
The role can be based from either our San Francisco or Mountain View office.
- Review submitted contracts, order forms, and SOWs for completeness, accuracy, and conformance to Aera policy
- Triage and process deal approvals and orders while ensuring compliance with revenue and company policy
- Create and modify quotes and other contractual documents as needed
- Provide support and guidance to our Sales team including but not limited to deal structure, revenue recognition, order processing, and contract format
- Partner with relevant internal stakeholders, including Sales, Customer Engagement, Finance and Legal to progress negotiations and reduce contract cycle time
- Help design, implement, improve, and maintain revenue-related processes such as deal approvals, a contract database, and commercial playbooks using Salesforce
- Provide visibility to senior management around order statuses
- 5+ years of experience in customer contract management, order processing, or sales support within the Software industry
- Familiarity with standard SaaS and Professional Services commercial structures, negotiating points, T&Cs and other terms
- Familiarity with relevant industry-standard practices and tools. Salesforce experience is a must!
- Demonstrated participation in process improvement initiatives and/or project management experience
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability articulate points both verbally and in writing (ie in a contract)
- Independent, self-motivated individual with great work ethic and a start-up mindset of willing to help out wherever needed
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here