Senior Director, Engineering
Mountain View, CA, USA
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Director to join our global engineering team reporting directly to our Chief Development Officer to build and grow an elite team in Mountain View. In this Role, you will recruit, onboard and manage a team of rock star software engineers. You will be instrumental in the development and architecture of our enterprise cloud platform. You will collaborate closely with our architects, designers, and product managers to influence product direction and design, and deliver complex high performing, high quality, scalable software products and APIs.
Working closely with our C-Suite leaders, you will help evolve the company’s strategic direction and technical roadmap for building or integrating disruptive, game-changing technology.
- Lead multiple teams of globally distributed software engineers (Mountain View, Romania, India)
- Hire, grow, mentor and manage a highly skilled set of remote and on-site software development engineers and managers.
- Ensure software development delivers fast and predictably, leveraging an Agile development methodology to deliver based on the evolving needs of our customers.
- Demonstrate Aera’s values in your approach to leadership, and through a commitment to our mission and customers.
- Bring thought leadership to advance the overall state of technology and customer focus for the entire engineering organization.
- Ensure that the solutions developed are technically sound and are of high quality by leading the design effort, having the ability to deep dive into the code and algorithms that your teams develop.
- Effectively communicate technical and business risks to stakeholders to ensure that the most informed decisions are being made.
- Build project plans, manage timelines and align cross functional teams towards a common goal and vision.
- Draw on customer feedback as well as usage and operational data to quickly iterate and evolve our products and services.
- Motivational leader who can recruit, mentor, and retain top-tier talent
- Experience in growth with velocity while working with a sense of urgency to deliver the absolute best
- Instill world-class prioritization, best practices and structure
- Excellent communication skills, ability to explain technical roadmap to internal and external stakeholders
- 10+ years in management experience
- Experience working in fast-paced, rapid growth start up environment
- Delivered ideas from conception to production, specifically software that supports mission critical enterprise scenarios.
- Track record of launching and scaling great products successfully
- Previous experience shipping world class products
- Can win the respect of the engineering team through technical chops
- Developed and implemented process and data driven approach across engineering organization
- Deep technical experience of working applications and platforms that have experienced scale
- Recruiting machine; able to attract and retain a world class team; maintains a high bar
- Understands engineering brand, and how to create/evangelize that brand to attract the best of the best
- Scaled teams up to 80+ working on multiple projects and geographically distributed
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!