Enterprise Technical Architect
Mountain View, CA, USA
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
Are you a hands-on Enterprise Technical Architect looking for a highly-visible and extremely impactful opportunity? Are you looking for a challenging, exciting environment where you roll up your sleeves and get to work? Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software? If you said yes to these questions, then we want to talk to you!
We’re looking for a seasoned and talented enterprise-level Technical Architect to join our world-class engineering team and be instrumental in the development and architecture of our enterprise cloud platform. In this role you will be hands-on and collaborate with other architects, designers, product managers, and software developers to influence product direction and functional requirements, delivering complex high-performance, scalable software products and APIs. This role will report directly into our Founder and Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
Please note: We are interested in considering every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, at the present time, we are not able to sponsor visas.
- Design, build, and maintain modular, efficient, secure, reusable, and reliable code automation; be a key player in major architectural adoption; and mentor the team throughout the product development lifecycle
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for multiple scrum teams
- Drive technology roadmaps and take up research/POC work for new tools/technology solutions to support the product roadmap
- Identify bottlenecks in applications and devise solutions to ensure the best possible performance, quality, scalability, security, and responsiveness
- Collaborate cross-functionally in all phases of the development life-cycle
- Participate in design and code reviews
- 10+ years of experience in building architecture and design for large-scale enterprise applications in the cloud
- Hands-on experience with Java, J2EE, SQL, multi-threading, caching techniques, and microservices
- Experience utilizing continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques
- Knowledge and basic experience with mobile application development and architecture (iOS and Android)
- Hands-on experience in SQL, data modeling, and data structures for high-volume and high-velocity data
- Proven track record in building products on big data systems such as Spark, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, and other big data technologies
- Experience building large-scale distributed, fault-tolerant systems
- Experience in NoSQL datastores (Cassandra/MongoDB/Redis) and basic knowledge on Columnar database
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with global teams
- Experience designing and building GraphQL based services is nice to have
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness and ability to travel to customer sites as needed
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here