Senior Technical Support Engineer
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way. We are looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to help our customers realize the vision and go above and beyond to satisfy their need.
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will collaborate with DevOps, Engineering, QA and Customer success teams to drive your customer voice. This role reports into our Customer Support Manager and will be based in our Bucharest office.
- Foster strong team environment with a significant focus on creating a high-performance culture based on best practices.
- Train and advice Level 1 and Level 2 support engineers with fanatical customer focus, support excellence, and total ownership.
- Oversee on-site and remote team members day to day activities in terms working on tickets,, ticket distribution, and escalation handling.
- Appropriately route and manage incidents to other Aera teams such as Infrastructure, QA, and Product Engineering.
- Identify skills within the team and build out SMEs to align with support, operations, and product strategy.
- 5+ years of proven success in customer support leadership at a high-growth SaaS technology company.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent.
- Log analysis and performance troubleshooting.
- Experience with SQL and scripting languages PL/SQL, DB performance analysis and optimization.
- Knowledge or Experience with Application servers.
- Some experience with Java/J2EE coding and development.
- Knowledge of the following tools is preferred: ZenDesk, JIRA, Confluence,Eclipse/IntelliJ.
- Experience working in a start-up software company is a strong advantage.
- Expertise in Business Intelligence software preferred.
- SAP techno-functional experience will give you a large advantage working with our large enterprise customers.
- On- and offshore coordination and communication.
- Very eager to dig into technical support issues to figure out the root cause so the issue will not recur.
- Bring a positive, collaborative, team-oriented attitude to the office and your customers everyday!
Nice to Haves
- Background in Java programming - is a plus.
- Understanding of 3 tier application architecture.
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms, AWS is a plus.
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!