Software Engineer, Test
Cluj-Napoca, Romania /
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
We're looking for a talented Software Engineer, Test who is passionate about writing code to test code, co-owning our test automation infrastructure, and ultimately providing our engineering teams with the confidence to deploy code anytime. You will be architecting, building and maintaining test frameworks to ensure the quality and excellence of our product, and reduce verification time. You enjoy solving unique and challenging problems with new and innovative technologies. We operate in an agile manner with cross-functional teams who are empowered to make decisions and move quickly.
- Consistently contribute to improve automation infrastructure and test coverage
- Design and develop test automation frameworks and solutions across our entire stack
- Innovate the tools that will help increase the efficiency of product development and testing
- Facilitate different types of automated tests: frontend, backend, and integration
- Establish automation goals for new and existing features
- Integrate automated tests into our continuous delivery system
- Set up and manage test environments
- Perform code reviews for other test automation engineers
- Report the progress of test execution and provide timely communication on the test results
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different team members to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Provide input to product and engineering teams to ensure code testability
- Utilize skills to experiment with and drive the adoption of new technologies
- Strong programming skills in at least one of the following: Python, Ruby, Java
- Experience using Selenium WebDriver to drive web UI test
- Up to speed with modern software engineering: version control systems, issue tracking, build systems (Maven, Ant, etc), Jenkins, etc.
- Working experience with testing tools (TestNg, JMeter, JUnit, etc)
- Strong experience in building automated test solutions for Backend and Frontend
- Experience with RESTful web services and the JSON data format
- Strong familiarity with SQL
- Strong sense of ownership and an analytical mindset
- You are passionate, a fast learner, detail-oriented, and a perfection seeker
- Excellent written and verbal communication, people and collaboration skills
- Experience working with globally distributed teams in a start-up environment
- Experience with multitenant SaaS applications and mobile automated testing
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!