Security Operations Engineer
Raleigh-Durham, NC, USA
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
In this role, your work will influence the success of companies across the world. Members of our Technology team are experts in the field, working to evaluate and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s. The Security Operations Engineer position is a highly-technical hands-on role which requires you to be a great team member as well as an individual contributor.
The primary responsibilities for this role will be the development, maintenance and enforcement of the perimeter security posture for the products, technology and processes in order to adequately protect Aera assets and customer data as well as providing an escalation point for others to consult and trust in the candidate’s technical knowledge base.
This role is a chance to be part of Aera's newly formed team in RTP, led by one of Aera's longest-tenured Engineering leaders!
- Take the lead on threat hunting, IOC (indicators of compromise) analysis, and incident response.
- Help implement and fine-tune our security tools, such as endpoint protection, SIEM, vulnerability assessment, and cloud security monitoring.
- Work closely with our MSSPs to address the most severe security alerts and incidents, including full cycle of detection, analysis, containment, eradication, recovery and post-mortem improvement.
- Integrate and automate services and operational tasks by consuming and building APIs, tools and frameworks that enforce security policies across the entire Aera organization.
- Develop and lead training across our US, EU and Asia offices on common security pitfalls, like phishing, social engineering, and general security awareness.
- Ability to be part of on-call weekend rotation (shared/rotated responsibilities with the team).
- 5+ years in a security analysis or operations role.
- 5+ years of a proven track record of building, securing and automating enterprise scale infrastructure and systems.
- Experience with incident response, either in-house or through an outsourced service provider.
- Ability to partner closely with cross-functional internal stakeholders – IT, compliance, HR and legal teams.
- Continuous focus on attack vectors in which PII and PHI can be compromised.
- Familiarity with AWS.
- Familiarity with scripting languages.
- Automation/DevOps or Splunk experience a big plus!
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.