Chief Software Architect
Mountain View, CA, USA
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: A Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
The Chief Software Architect is a strategic, hands-on leader, solving difficult data problems and then productizing those solutions. The Chief Software Architect will look at all areas across the company and will be responsible for product architecture as well as enforcing design policies and best practices.
This highly visible role is based in our Mountain View, CA office and will report to Aera’s Founder and CTO.
Please note: We are interested in considering every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, at the present time, we are not able to sponsor visas.
- Lead Aera’s efforts to solve challenging customer problems through in-depth data and predictive analytics techniques
- Drive the overall technical architecture of Aera’s product offering including technology platforms, protocols, APIs, data and process models, persistence, runtime environments and security models
- Anticipate and plan for issues related to customization, extension, migration, and upgrades of Aera’s customer implementations over time
- Collaborate closely with business and engineering leadership, as well as directly with our developers to ensure adherence to the product architecture
- Create a well-thought out strategy and manage the adoption process. Work closely with IT security to monitor the company's cloud privacy standards
- Create processes to respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner. Identify the top architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of Aera and our customers
- Build, mentor and lead a small global team of highly technical architects
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields with a minimum of ten years of relevant experience or a Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field with five years of relevant experience
- At least three years of experience working as an architect on large and complex projects
- Demonstrated success in creating the highly technical architecture of successful enterprise packaged software and SaaS platforms
- You’re well-versed in data pipelines and real-time processing
- You are experienced in a 24/7, multiple geography environment
- Maintenance of direct hands on software development skills and continued personal passion of learning new languages, tools, platforms
- You’ve worked with massive data sets, with high concurrency and performance requirements
- You are a technical visionary with experience in researching, prototyping and recommending new solutions and products
- Ability to work in a fast paced high growth environment utilizing a diverse range of tools and technologies
Nice to Have
- You’ve worked in both startup and larger enterprises and enjoy the challenge of a smaller, more agile company like Aera
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to drive features to delivery recommending new technology
- Quick learner: able to research, learn and adapt to new and emerging technologies
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.