Senior Software Engineer, Sustaining
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. The cognitive technology for the Self-Driving Enterprise™. Aera understands how your business works, makes real-time recommendations, predicts outcomes, and takes action autonomously.
The Senior Software Engineer, Sustaining is a hands-on role for a talented engineer to identify the root cause and solve critical production issues. This is a cross-functional role where the engineer will become the subject matter expert (SME) for many modules/services. He/she will be able to debug an issue, work with customer engagement and corresponding development teams to identify the root cause and enable a resolution. Ideally this is role for a seasoned senior developer with experience in both front end and back end development.
- Work with global cross functional teams and become an expert across multiple modules/services
- First point of contact for complex production issues that the support team could not resolve
- Ability to deep dive into an issue, identify the root cause and propose a solution to the development team for further resolution
- Proactive and able to manage their schedule as they deal with multiple high priority threads. Work with engineering to build run books for support and site reliability teams enabling them to handle most issues
- Work with QA to ensure all production issues have been automated to prevent reoccurrence
- Ability to work with different layers of the platform and learn new technologies
- Strong educational background with Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or a related area
- 6+ yrs experience in Java, J2EE, Tomcat, multithreading and caching techniques
- Passionate about developing strong expertise across various modules and becoming a technical expert
- Strong OOD, SOA principles and solid hands on experience in working in scalable, distributed application environments
- Experience with working on Spring/ORM, Microservice frameworks, Dockers, GIT, Gradle and Linux platforms
- Experience building secure, complex, and scalable APIs, from design through deployment
- Experience with SQL development, data modeling and complex data structures for high-volume and high-velocity data
- Experience in working with NOSQL technologies like REDIS, MongoDB
- Solid understanding and experience with OAuth, Logging and Security frameworks
- Hands-on experience with frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito
- Hands-on experience with code quality frameworks/tools such as SonarQube, pmd, checkstyle etc.
Nice to Have
- Experience with streaming data and complex event processing systems
- Working knowledge in AWS, Kafka, Apache Spark, Elasticsearch
- Python scripting is a plus
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia).
So join us, and let’s build this!