Level 3 Technical Support Engineer
Cluj-Napoca, Romania /
Customer Success – Support /
Aera Technology is the Cognitive Automation company that makes business agility happen. We deliver the first scalable digital platform that integrates with existing systems to make and execute business decisions in real time. In the era of digital acceleration, Aera helps enterprises around the world transform how they respond to the ever-changing environment.
The Level 3 Technical Support Engineer is a hands-on role for a talented engineer to identify the root cause and solve critical production issues. This is a cross-functional role where you will become the subject matter expert (SME) for many modules/services. The Level 3 Technical Support Engineer will be able to debug an issue, work with customer engagement and development teams to identify the root cause, and enable a resolution. Ideally, this is a role for a seasoned individual with experience in both front-end and back-end development.
- Develop a broad understanding of Aera’s technical architecture
- Document and develop best practices to ensure our customers get the most out of Aera’s Platform
- Analyze data, and create monitoring and observability solutions to prevent, detect and resolve issues
- Prioritize tasks and accurately document the nature of the reported problem. Triage and remediate high priority issues and bugs
- Build secure, complex, and scalable APIs, from design through deployment
- Create tooling to help internal stakeholders (e.g. Customer Support)
- Deep dive into an issue, Identify common failure patterns, and draft plans to address them. Propose the solution to the development team for further resolution
- Be proactive and manage multiple high priority threads
- Strong educational background with Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or a related area
- 6+ yrs experience in Java, J2EE, Tomcat, Multithreading, Logging, and caching techniques
- Passionate about developing strong expertise across various modules and becoming a technical expert/SME
- Strong OOD, SOA principles, and solid hands-on experience in working in scalable, distributed application environments
- Experience with working on Spring/ORM, Microservice frameworks, Dockers, GIT, Gradle, and Linux platforms required
- Experience with SQL development, data modeling, and complex data structures for high-volume and high-velocity data
- Experience in working with NoSQL technologies like REDIS, MongoDB
- Solid understanding and experience with OAuth, Logging and Security frameworks
- Hands-on experience with frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito
- Hands-on experience with code quality frameworks/tools such as SonarQube, pmd, checkstyle, etc.
- Ability to work within different layers of the platform and learn new technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as in-depth experience with product development processes
- Able to stay calm under pressure and exhibiting exceptional customer service skills with clients and the engineering teams
Nice to Have
- Experience with streaming data and complex event processing systems
- Working knowledge in AWS, Kafka, Apache Spark, Elasticsearch
- Python scripting is a plus
At Aera, our purpose is to enable a sustainable, efficient, and intelligent world with Cognitive Automation. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for fundamentally transforming how people work — from people working machines, to machines working, guided by people, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune, and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.