Manual QA Engineer
Bucharest, Romania /
Customer Engagement /
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
We're looking for an experienced and skilled Manual QA Engineer to join our Customer Solution Delivery organization. You will be testing “end-to-end” the cognitive solutions implemented to our customers, logging and verifying software defects, supporting releases and helping with on-going customer deliverables. The candidate hired for this position will be a part of a highly collaborative team that works with innovative technologies in a fast-paced, creative and fun environment. You will be working with other testers, developers, project managers who appreciate each of your bugs - imagine that! You will play a very important role in ensuring the quality and excellence of our customer implementations.
- Work closely with the Application Developers and Solution Architects for testing and validating the end-to-end implementations, as cognitive applications, data integration throughout the ETL and data warehouse project lifecycle, and data visualization objects
- Develop and execute tests against Aera cognitive applications (“Skills”) for both backend and frontend operation and performance
- Pre-deployment testing for the end-to-end customer solution implementation; Support production deployments
- Creating test feeds and test data, client data feed ingestion, data integration testing, data analysis, and case creation logic testing
- Functional testing and associated activities
- Create test schedules according to the defined customer solution delivery timelines
- Test and validate the periodical product releases, prior to their production deployment; Identify defects and bugs on existing or new features that may have an impact on the customer’s use of the platform
- Analyze and document test results, establish coverage metrics
- Report the progress of test execution and provide timely communication on the test results to key stakeholders on a regular basis
- Record defects into internal ticketing system and work with software developers on defects resolution and verification
- Perform software compatibility tests with different software configurations on multiple platforms, operating systems and network environments
- Participate in Solution Delivery design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, test estimates, schedules and potential risks
- Work with our Customer Engagement team on investigating customer-facing issues and drive issues to closure
- Perform production post-deployment validations, test and coordinate deployment of the hotfixes
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Experience testing Web-based applications and a working knowledge of software troubleshooting and debugging tools
- Strong understanding of data models, structures, and ETL tools
- Solid working experience and knowledge of SQL
- Testing experience in a data warehouse, data analysis, ETL or combination
- Experience in creating comprehensive, end-to-end, integration test cases based on requirements/user storiesGood knowledge of software development life cycle and SQA methodologies and practices
- Ability to test multiple projects with multiple dependencies, while simultaneously ensuring the highest quality standards
- Functional testing experience with web applications
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with cross-functional teams in multiple locations
- Strong analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills. Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!