Mountain View, CA, USA
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
We’re looking for a Manager, FP&A with strong financial modeling skills and in-depth understanding of and experience in FP&A. The candidate will be responsible for preparing and reporting monthly and quarterly financial analysis, 3-statement forecast, detailed budget, and any other ad hoc analysis as needed. You will also assist in preparing materials for the Board of Directors and business partners to provide executives with data-driven business support. If you like taking initiatives, driving processes, making an impact, and are excited to roll up your sleeves, we want to hear from you!
- Partner with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders across the company to interpret recent trends and the state of the business in order to ensure accuracy in the monthly rolling forecast and budgeting
- Prepare and report monthly and quarterly results, comparing actuals to budget / forecast and any other variance analysis as needed
- Analyze the company’s performance and prepare summary of findings
- Build detailed financial models to evaluate performance under various operating scenarios
- Opportunity-to-Order and Order-to-Cash process
- Build and manage strong business partnerships with key finance, legal, and sales leaders to ensure effective internal control collaboration in a fast-paced environment and identify and recommend process improvements
- Review order forms and SOWs to ensure that revenue is recognized in accordance with the corporate policy and GAAP standards. Liaise with legal counsel for customer contract review
- Manage the sales order entry process for new bookings and customer billings (subscription, professional services, reimbursable expenses)
- Maintain bookings, revenue, and cash collection forecast
- Assist in establishing and monitoring the implementation and maintenance of FP&A control procedures and policies
- Serve as the lead for finance system implementation for validating, monitoring, analyzing, and reporting financial and operating performance and measuring those results against established objectives and trends
- Proactively seek ways to make financial process improvements, including but not limited to automating financial updates and reporting and building in checks to existing financial models
- Prepare other ad hoc analysis as needed
- Minimum of 4+ years of relevant work experience in FP&A. Having worked at a SaaS company is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Experience having worked with NetSuite, Salesforce, or any other enterprise planning platform
- Proficient in excel, use of pivot tables, vlookups, sumif formulas, etc.
- Independent, self-motivated individual with great work ethic and a start-up mindset of willing to help out wherever needed
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, process improvement skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and with external parties
- High ethical standards with demonstrated experience handling highly sensitive and confidential information
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task as well as prioritize and adhere to tight deadlines
- Love of setting up automated processes and increasing operational efficiency
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.