Senior Director, Customer Engagement
New York City, NY, USA
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way. We are looking for a Senior Director, Customer Engagement to work with our customers to realize this vision.
The Senior Director, Customer Engagement will hire, mentor and lead a team of regionally based Engagement Principals. The Engagement Principal (EP) is the primary point of contact responsible for the successful deployment of Aera’s solution at our clients and, ultimately, of the value delivered to our clients. EPs wear multiple hats, including serving in a pre-sales capacity.
In this role, you will empower your team of EPs to not only own project delivery, but also contribute to functional and technical deliverables.
- Design and implement scalable solutions and driving large-scale change through inspirational leadership, with the end customer in mind
- Demonstrate success exceeding expectations in retaining and growing customer relationships within a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Own team budget and drive service margins, billable utilization and other SLAs
- Set a vision for your team and execute on the strategy
- You’ll not be opposed to rolling up your sleeves and getting in the weeds with your team when necessary
- Build positive relationships with internal and external business leaders
- Effectively communicate objectives to align with the rest of the organization and drive team behavior to execute with customers
- Build and lead large, regional customer success team; including individual contributors and people managers with proven leadership, team management, and coaching skills
- Commit to building an inclusive team environment that fosters trust and a sense of empowerment
You’ll lead your team of Engagement Principals who
- Serve as the single point of contact between the customer, Aera team, as other parties such as consultants and system integrators for all project-related topics (except commercials)
- Ensure project requirements are understood by Aera resources and delivered on-time and in accordance with customer expectations and statement of work (SOW)Manage project resources, track progress via KPIs, and escalate as required
- Keep customers within project scope and on-task
- Partner with the Client Partner to identify and close up-sell opportunities that will move the client towards the Self-Driving Enterprise
- Act as supply chain subject matter expert, both during the implementation as well as in pre-sales situations
- Plan and run meetings/workshop with prospects, ranging from early discovery sessions to detailed final presentations as part of a formal software evaluation
- Estimate and document project requirements for proposals and SOWs
- Work closely with our Product leadership to drive our product improvements and direction
- Minimum of 15 years of experience leading and managing post-sales enterprise software implementation projects
- Extensive and broad supply chain knowledge, required; including supply chain best practices and metrics covering all core aspects of supply chain (demand, supply, manufacturing, inventory, order management, etc.)
- Outstanding on-site, customer-facing skills (communication, relationship building, etc.) and a deep sense of urgency in delivering to customer requirements, paired with an acute ability to understand customer needs/pain points and define solutions
- Technical background (academic and professional) – must really understand cloud architectures, databases and ETL processes
- Strong Project Management/Project Delivery/Governance experience (agile methodology and others)
- Experience writing proposals and SOWs
- Proven track-record of successfully hiring, mentoring and leading technical team members
- Willingness to travel as needed within assigned region
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.