Technical Support Engineer (Night Shift)
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way. The cognitive technology for the Self-Driving Enterprise™. Aera understands how your business works, makes real-time recommendations, predicts outcomes, and takes action autonomously. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
Aera is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to work the night-shift in our Pune office. The Technical Support Engineer will be a key team member that helps customers solve technical issues for our cloud-based analytics application. This customer-facing position requires strong communication skills, troubleshooting and excellent problem-solving skills. This role could be ideal for someone with a QA or development background who would like to step into a customer-facing opportunity.
Night Shift Work Hours / Schedule: 5 days/week (Monday - Sunday), 9:30pm - 6:30am IST
- Quickly learn the functional aspects of the Aera product line
- Work on customer reported issues by interacting with various teams including QA, App Development, Engineering and Product Management
- Gather information systematically and efficiently perform root cause analysis
- Write complex SQL statements to extract data and replicate customer issues
- Track and resolve support issues logged by customers and project team members
- Test product and implementation features and document results
- Communicate with customers on the status of issues and project items
- Develop new features and components in our existing web application
- Collaborate with the application developers who create the scripts to correct the problem permanently
- Exude a passion for technology and the cutting-edge solutions that Aera offers
- Bring a positive, collaborative, team-oriented attitude to the office and your customers every day!
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with knowledge of support processes
- MUST HAVE strong experience writing SQL scripts, including complex statements
- Excellent debugging skillsSelf-learner and eager to learn new software tools/technologies
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skillsLog analysis and performance troubleshooting
- Experience with database performance analysis and optimization, Unix
- Knowledge or experience with application servers
- Knowledge of the following tools is preferred: Zendesk, JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with Java/J2EE coding and development is a plus
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!