Senior Software Engineer
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our world-class engineering team and become instrumental in the development and architecture of our enterprise cloud platform. As a Sr. SWE, you will collaborate with other architects, designers, product managers and software developers to influence product direction and functional requirements, and deliver complex high performance, scalable software products and APIs. This role reports into our Director, Engineering at our newly established Pune office.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code and automation.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs in applications, and devise solutions to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
- Research and learn new technologies to design code reviews and application enhancements/upgrades.
- Collaborate cross-functionally as a key contributor in all phases of the development life-cycle.
- Create and execute unit test cases and contribute to test automation.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- 5+ yrs experience in Java, J2EE, Tomcat, multi-threading, and caching techniques.
- Experience building secure, complex, and scalable APIs, from design through deployment.
- Solid understanding of writing and delivering testable quality code, from the ground up.
- Experience with SQL development, data modeling and data structures for high-volume and high-velocity data.
- Hands-on experience with frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito.
- Experience with streaming data and complex event processing systems.
- Working knowledge in AWS, Kafka, Apache Spark, Elasticsearch.
- Python scripting is a plus.
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!