Mountain View, CA, USA /
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
We're looking for an Accounting Manager to join our Finance team to support our growth as we continue to scale globally. This role will play an integral part in our accounting close, finance operations, and GL operations. You must have the ability to think high level about processes and procedures in addition to being able and willing to roll up your sleeve. You will have the opportunity to be a key player in shaping our accounting processes and control flows, tracking our performance, and identifying new opportunities for improvements.
If you like taking initiatives, have outstanding organizational skills, and is an effective team player with great work ethic and attitude, we want to hear from you!
Please note: We are interested in considering every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, at the present time, we are not able to sponsor visas.
- Integral part of the monthly close process
- Manage two team members, one in US and one in Romania
- Review and/or prepare month-end journal entries, assist in inter-company and GL consolidation, review and/or prepare balance sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules for the US and international entities
- Review flux analysis for the P&L and balance sheet for US and international entities
- Lead in Financial Review calls with international accountants
- Assist in the preparation of monthly close package, analysis, and financials
- Ensure compliance with monthly close calendar
- Review international payrollAssist in drafting year-end financials, footnotes, and other schedules
- Participate in audits: local, HQ, and tax audits by providing audit requirements and PBCs as well as responding to auditors
- Document desk procedures and processes for assigned areas
- Participate in system implementation as well as roll out of new processes
- Interact with other departments to produce flux analysis and accounting reports
- Proactively seek out process improvements; continuously make recommendations for improvement and implement agreed-upon changes
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience in the Accounting field at a US SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA a plus
- Proficient with Netsuite or other ERP systems
- Proficient in excel, use of pivot tables, vlookups, sumif formulas, etc.
- Independent, self-motivated individual with great work ethic and a start-up mindset of willing to help out wherever needed
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, process improvement skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and with external parties
- High ethical standards with demonstrated experience handling highly sensitive and confidential information
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task as well as prioritize and adhere to tight deadlines
- Love of setting up automated processes and increasing operational efficiency
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.