Associate Engagement Principal
Chicago, IL, USA /
Customer Engagement /
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies. We are looking for Engagement Principals to work with our customers to realize this vision.
The Associate Engagement Principal is part of the Aera team that helps create and deploy data-enabled Cognitive Skills. Skills provide real-time insight, recommendations and predictions. Aera Skills communicate with users and enterprise systems to execute decisions.
Key responsibilities of the Associate Engagement Principal (AEP) are to translate business requirements into functional requirements and to help with the day-to-day activities of running a software engagement. As such, the AEP works closely with Aera customers as well as internal Aera stakeholders such as Client Partners (CP), Solution Architects (SA) and Skill Builders (SB) to implement Aera’s skills at customers. The AEP brings a broad range of skills including supply chain domain knowledge, business acumen, functional and some technical skills, as well as software project management experience.
- Understand customers’ business requirements and high-level design ideas
- Map As-Is processes and, more importantly, document the To-Be processes to be delivered with the Aera platform
- Translate the customers’ business requirements into detailed functional requirements and document them in a detailed functional design document
- Support the Solution Architect when drafting the detailed technical requirements and detailed technical specifications
- Identify test scenarios and provide support for documenting the test scripts
- Work closely with the SA and Delivery team to test and troubleshoot the Aera solution
- Provide support for user acceptance testing and releases into production
- Prepare, conduct and support training for customers
- Support the project management including monitoring of deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects
- Create project documentation
- Conduct meetings and presentations with customers and internal Aera stakeholders
- Report the project status to Customer and internal Aera stakeholders on a regular cadence
- Escalate risks and issues to the EP when needed
- 3-5 years of business analyst experience including requirements gathering, detailed solution design, project management, and testing in the area of supply chain management
- Experience with deploying enterprise IT and software, such as ERP (Oracle and SAP SD/MM/PP), BI, supply chain planning systems and/or execution systems
- Cloud/SaaS experience
- Experience with agile project work/scrum methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain or Engineering
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- 1-2 years of customer facing experience
- Ability to travel within region
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore.
So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!