Azure Cloud Engineer
Mountain View, CA, USA
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way. The cognitive technology for the Self-Driving Enterprise™. Aera understands how your business works, makes real-time recommendations, predicts outcomes, and takes action autonomously. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
In this role, your work will influence the success of companies across the world. Members of our Technology team are experts in the field, working to evaluate and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s. The Azure Cloud Engineer is a highly technical hands-on role which will work closely with infrastructure, engineering and security. The right candidate will provide critical support in a collaborative effort to design the architecture and assist with the build-out of our cloud infrastructure within Microsoft Azure.
The primary responsibilities for this role will be providing subject-matter expertise on the Azure cloud and helping to lead the requirements gathering, analysis, design, and implementation of solutions to expand our multi-cloud expansion efforts. You will be working in a collaborative team environment to help design and implement our cloud and container strategies.
Please note: We are interested in considering every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, at the present time, we are not able to sponsor visas.
- Lead architecture efforts to expand the Aera cloud platform to Azure
- Participate in architecture and design session related to our cloud strategy, best practices and BCP/DR requirements
- Develop and contribute to cloud solutions while working with geographically distributed teams
- Create and maintain architecture documentation and diagrams
- Collaborate with IT, Security, Product Engineering and Production Support to help identify, address and resolve issues related to the Azure cloud
- Align business objectives with technical solutions to meet stakeholder objectives
- Subject matter expert in Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with inter-operability and provider solution parity of Azure and AWS including multi-cloud peering/communications
- Hands on experience with automation and orchestration tools is required, experience with Ansible is highly desirable
- Experience with creating and maintaining enterprise level account structures, network designs and security models in Azure
- Experience with Terraform, ideally utilizing Terraform scripts for multi-cloud resource deployment and maintenance
- Familiarity with performing cost-optimization analysis of cloud resourcesScripting experience in one or more high level scripting languages such as Python
- Hands on experience with Linux
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune (India), and Sydney (Australia). So join us, and let’s build this!
Aera Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.