Vice President, Legal
Mountain View, CA, USA /
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera, we deliver the cognitive technology that enables the Self-Driving Enterprise™: a Cognitive Operating System™ that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. Aera's Cognitive OS leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, and enterprise domain expertise to deliver Cognitive Automation at scale for some of the world's largest companies.
We're looking for an experienced legal professional to join our team as our first Legal hire. The ideal candidate will have significant experience drafting and negotiating complex SaaS and professional services agreements with our global customers. In addition, the role will partner with relevant internal stakeholders and external counsel to spearhead a variety of legal initiatives (IP, security, records, etc). If you like taking initiative, driving processes, making an impact, and are excited to roll up your sleeves, we want to hear from you!
The role can be based from either our San Francisco or Mountain View office. Will consider remote workers.
- Draft, review, and negotiate complex SaaS and professional services agreements with global enterprises and any other type of commercial agreements as needed
- Partner with relevant internal stakeholders, including sales, customer success, finance, operations, IT, and security, to drive customer negotiations and reduce contract cycle time
- Drive internal legal initiatives covering topics such as (IP strategy, security and data compliance, and risk mitigation)
- Serve as a point of contact for all internal legal matters, working with external counsel as necessary to provide general business and legal advices as needed
- Establish and enhance internal corporate/legal policies and compliance programs including creation of company agreements/forms/legal playbooks to streamline processes
- Strong academic background and J.D. from highly-regarded school
- Must be an active member of California or New York bar
- 7-10 years of experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating complex enterprise SaaS and professional services agreements with global enterprises
- Both law firm and in-house experience preferred
- Experience and exposure to either compliance, data security, privacy, or intellectual property matters including patent, trademark, and data protection laws
- Independent, self-motivated individual with great work ethic and a start-up mindset of willing to help out wherever needed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) across all levels of the organization with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- High ethical standards with demonstrated experience handling highly sensitive and confidential information
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!
Aera Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Aera Technology will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Aera Technology respects the privacy of your data. Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice, available here.