Director, Solutions Delivery
Pune, India /
Center of Excellence /
Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way. We’re looking for a talented Director of Solutions Delivery to join our global Customer Success (Consulting and Services) team and to build an elite solutions delivery team from scratch in Pune. As Director, Solutions Delivery, you will manage, recruit and onboard a team of rock star Application Developers, QA Engineers and Scrum Masters.
In this role as Director, Solutions Delivery you will be a strong technical and functional advisor and will work closely with a cross functional team of engagement managers, product managers, data scientists, and engineers to develop cutting edge, AI driven, supply chain management solutions. You will also work with our application development team to define the cognitive data layer in support of the Aera Technology ‘skills workbench’ to enhance our cognitive skills (applications) catalog.
The ideal candidate has hands-on experience architecting and developing enterprise solutions with customers across multiple supply chain activities in varied industries to develop transformational solutions.
Team Leadership Responsibilities
- Role is 20% hands-on contribution with projects and 80% management/leadership dutiesLead an elite team of 35+ Software Engineers, QA Engineers and Scrum Masters
- Hire, mentor and lead this team according to an aggressive hiring plan
- Coordinate and collaborate with remote teams in the US and Romania
- Keep development team on track through agile/scrum process
- Lead project planning and prioritization
- Collaborate multi-functionally as a catalyst in all phases of the development life-cycle, partnering to ensure efficient delivery of high-quality product
- Ensure that every member of the team is delivering at the highest levels
- Participate in design, architecture and solution reviewsConduct performance evaluations and one-on-one meetings with team members
Hands-on Technical Responsibilities
- Architect solutions/applications with all features and functions, and ensure all layers (including user consumption layer) are designed and developed per customer requirements
- Collaborate with Engagement Principals to design and deliver scalable solutions
- Collaborate with Solution Architects / Skill Builders / Application Developers in translating business and functional requirements to technical requirements to aid development and testing of cognitive data models
- Provide insights and recommendations based on the cognitive data models
- Will be responsible for testing and overall QA of the solution from a functional standpoint
- Support multiple prospect and customer project deliverables
- Understand the customer’s business and functional requirements and translate them into technical specifications and requirements
- A minimum of 12-15 years working within the cloud-based enterprise software solutions space, preferably in supply chain management and planning solutions area
- Proficient with functional and technical configurations around SAP ECC 6.0 or SCM 5.x or 7.x
- Experience working in ETL (Extract/Transform/Load) process
- Experience in writing SQL queries and stored procedures/functions
- Extensive knowledge of BI domain, database development, DWH concepts and reporting
- Experience in app development; including Core Java and Unix Shell scripting
- Strong and hands-on knowledge of key integration points between multiple systems such as SAP ECC, SAP APO, SAP BW, SAP IBP, HANA, Reporting, etc.
- Working knowledge of function modules, structures, tables, BAPIs, and BADIs
- Knowledge of the various SAP ECC and SAP APO/IBP transactions
- Knowledge and experience working with In-Memory, MPP, column-oriented, and relational database management systems
- Knowledge of data science methods and toolsStrong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrate strong personal values and a commitment to our mission and customers
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges in the world of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our Cognitive Operating System is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to fundamentally transform their organizations and how work is done.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software, and deploying it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we're growing fast, with teams in Mountain View and San Francisco (California), Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca (Romania), Paris (France), Munich (Germany), London (UK), Pune and Bangalore (India), Sydney (Australia) and Singapore. So join us, and let’s build the future of work together!