Senior Back End Software Engineer
Engineering – Photogrammetry /
At Mapware, our vision is to make the physical world knowable. We do this by making software to rapidly create maps and share those maps collaboratively.
Mapware is a software company that uses drones and artificial intelligence to create maps that provide real-time situational intelligence to first responders. Our goal is to create the software backbone for fully autonomous mobile systems operating as machine constituents in the future of work.
If you love the idea of working in an emerging field with cutting edge technology and solving massive problems, this is a great company for you.
Mapware is seeking a full-time Photogrammetry Back End Engineer. The ideal candidate will work along with our excellent software development team and be responsible for working on projects that are currently being developed by Mapware. This role can be a full time remote position, however candidates must be based in the US.
We are a rapidly growing company and provide plenty of opportunities for career development as you grow with us!
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary is commensurate with individual’s experience and skills
Benefits: Mapware offers a complete suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, etc.
- At least 5 years of proven experience with development in C, C++ or other lower level programming languages
- In depth knowledge of C++ in a Unix environment
- Familiarity with parallel computing and high throughput data processing
- Experience with asynchronous communication, distributed processing and messaging frameworks such as Apache Kafka
- General comfort working with containerized applications and network communication
- Experience working in a modern product-focused development environment including things like version control (Git), test driven development, continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) and agile development processes
- Experience with GPU programming including especially NVIDIA CUDA Experience with image processing, machine vision and machine learning
Bonus Points for:
- Contribute to all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation and test
- Develop functional specifications, assess task requirements and scheduling, and assist in development, debug, and support
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Write performant and stable APIs
- Write technical documentation
- Write automated tests
Mapware provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws